Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Zealand Visa

Options
  • 25-08-2010 8:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭

Hey Guys

I was in USIT office today, finding out information on New Zealand working holiday visa. They gave me two options to go for New Zealand visa Combo Gold and New Zealand Visa Combo Sliver. Im not too sure which one to choose.

Did any of ye use these packages?

Thanks in Advance:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭FreeAnd..

Hey Guys

I was in USIT office today, finding out information on New Zealand working holiday visa. They gave me two options to go for New Zealand visa Combo Gold and New Zealand Visa Combo Sliver. Im not too sure which one to choose.

Did any of ye use these packages?

Thanks in Advance:

What the F*ck are Combo Gold and Silver when they're at home? Just do it online at http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migrant/stream/work/workingholiday/irelandworkingholidayscheme.htm

I think it might be handy to sticky a thread with links for the Oz and NZ visas - the amount of people who waste their money in with Usit is unreal

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭loopyloulilly

I should really explained them oops.
    New Zealand visa Combo Gold includes winter sports 520.00 euro
    includes 1 year world wide gold travel insurance and winter sports
    free new Zealand 1 year working holiday visa
    free new Zealand VIP Backpacker discount card includes discounts on accommodation accommodation tours while your in New Zealand

New Zealand visa Combo Gold includes winter sports 480.00 euro

Includes 1 year world wide gold travel insurance and winter sports
    Free new Zealand 1 year working holiday visa
    Free new Zealand VIP Backpacker discount card includes discounts on accommodation accommodation tours while your in New Zealand

Thanks FreeAnd.. good to know, I think I would be that percentage to be ripped off!

yeah those prices look ridiculous, I paid $120.00NZ which is not much more than 60 euro for the Visa - I'm sure you can source the rest of what they offer far cheaper...if its even necessary -

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Yeap, they are a rip off.

NZ visa is very cheap and easy to get online. 60ish euro
    When in NZ get a BBH card, costs about $35 - 17ish euro.
    Get insurance with the rest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Thanks FreeAnd.. good to know, I think I would be that percentage to be ripped off!

Fear not you are not alone.

The best is the we organise a SIM card for you, they are €2 in any shop.

• Advertisement

Zambia232 wrote: »
    Fear not you are not alone.

The best is the we organise a SIM card for you, they are €2 in any shop.

And I love the fact that for only 520 euro (f*ck thats almost $1000 NZ) they are good enough to throw the the NZ visa in for free...man they're so kind

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭loopyloulilly

Ok I did some research, cant believe USIT. Anyway visa for 120$ sweet. So is it possible to order the visa now and have it until I travel next year?

That could possibly be a stoopid question, but eh no harm in asking! :)

Flights who would be the best to go with?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

I'm thinking of applying for a visa for New Zealand in case things don't work out in Australia. My problem is that I am 31 next week. Can I apply for it before I turn 31 and then enter New Zealand next year?

Nope you have to be in NZ before you turn 31

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭cupthehand1

jank wrote: »
    Nope you have to be in NZ before you turn 31

Is this the same for Australia, i.e. you can't get your visa now and enter in a few months time when your 31. I thought you can get a visa say if you were 30yrs and 364 days old for example and you then have a year to use it?

• Advertisement

Hmmm I think so, not too sure now though

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

I think you have to be under 31 when you enter the country. You can leave and come back again then after you turn 31 if you wish. You just need to activate the visa before you're 31. Maybe someone can confirm this though for definite.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Cypher.

you can get a silver fern visa for NZ if u are under 35... bit more expensive than the working holiday...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

I think you have to be under 31 when you enter the country. You can leave and come back again then after you turn 31 if you wish. You just need to activate the visa before you're 31. Maybe someone can confirm this though for definite.

Unless they have changed the rules lately this is not true, i applied for the visa a few weeks before my 31st and didnt enter the country till i was nearly 32

Advertisement