Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garmin big signings

• 25-08-2010 8:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭

Hushovd and Hausler to Garmin along with few others from Cervelo according to rumours.
    Make Garmin a formidable squad.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 349 ✭✭SACH Central

Just saw a bit of this on twitter. Is this a full or possible merger of Garmin & Cervelo? or are Cervelo pulling out altogether? Any new of Deignan's position in all of this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

ROK ON wrote: »
    Hushovd and Hausler to Garmin along with few others from Cervelo according to rumours.
    Make Garmin a formidable squad.

hushovd is past it

Haussler on the other hand is, IMO, one of a very number of riders that can beat Cavendish.

i wonder what the craic with Cervelo is though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭E@gle.

i wonder what the craic with Cervelo is though

yeah was wondering the same, Sastre is leaving as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 739 ✭✭✭papac

hushovd is past it

If not for the farcical neutralised stage he would have won the green jersey this year. This despite breaking a collarbone weeks before the tdf.
    Second in Paris-Roubaix afair.

I wouldn't send him to the knackers yard just yet.:)

Be a pity if Cervelo pulled out. I think the whole bike company/cycling sponsorship thing was probably quite good for the sport on balance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

According to a story linked by Shane Stokes on twitter, Cervelo will cease as a team at yeat end.
    Garmin to ride Cervelos next year and unfotunately Deignans contract (along with others I imagine) will not be honoured.

Bad year all around for PD after such a great yeat in 2009.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,584 ✭✭✭✭tunney

ROK ON wrote: »
    According to a story linked by Shane Stokes on twitter, Cervelo will cease as a team at yeat end.
    Garmin to ride Cervelos next year and unfotunately Deignans contract (along with others I imagine) will not be honoured.

Bad year all around for PD after such a great yeat in 2009.

Cervelo only started a team because they got terrified of Rjis's charges testing positive and still wanted a ProTour showing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

First article I've seen on it.

Any rumours as to Deignan's future?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,461 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Further confirmation: Philip Deignan's agent

The riders were told yesterday that the team won’t exist next year," he revealed. "Nobody knows the exact details but now I busy trying to secure a different team for Philip for next year.

http://www.podiumcafe.com/2010/8/26/1651459/is-cervelo-test-team-done-in-the

Garmin-Cervelo emerges for 2011, Lloyd likely with USA team

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/latest/497181/garmin-cervelo-emerges-for-2011-lloyd-likely-with-usa-team.html
    Garmin-Transitions and Cervélo TestTeam are on a path to merge for next season and riding under the name, Garmin-Cervélo.

"It's more or less official," a source with Cervélo told Cycling Weekly, "It will be Garmin-Cervélo."

Cervélo TestTeam lost its key rider, 2008 Tour de France winner Carlos Sastre, over one week ago. Sastre announced he will ride for Team Geox in 2011, two years after joining Cervélo and helping it makes its debut in 2009.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

niceonetom wrote: »
    First article I've seen on it.

Any rumours as to Deignan's future?

He's nothing at the moment but "his agent is working on it".

He really needs to do something in the Vuelta........

Advertisement