Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Federal 100gr 243

Options
  • 25-08-2010 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

I got two boxs of federal 100gr softpoint today from neighbour who did not renew licence, Anybody any experience with these as its remington I use myself thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Very good bullet. Very accurate for anyone I know who's used it, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

No Federal coming in this year according to my RFD.
    I found it OK in my .243
    Of course if you don't want to chance it let me know and I will use it for you;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

CJhaughey wrote: »
    No Federal coming in this year according to my RFD.
    I found it OK in my .243
    Of course if you don't want to chance it let me know and I will use it for you;)

might throw in an order with the dealer for a few extra boxes so, just in case, but I'd be wary enough of people saying that. That said, finding quality .22 ammo these days is like panning for gold.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

might throw in an order with the dealer for a few extra boxes so, just in case, but I'd be wary enough of people saying that. That said, finding quality .22 ammo these days is like panning for gold.
    I know, most of what I hear from RFD's I take a reasonable shovel full of salt with.
    BUT this year I haven't seen any Federal yet, and it's getting mighty close to the time when a man would possibly be needing some 100 grainers.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭badshot

i find them an excellent bullet
    very accurate
    only use 4 or 5 a season though
    rest of the time its 58 grain hornady

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭seoirse1980

I've been using them for a couple of seasons. They work for me. Last year I couldn't get them til the middle of September then they were everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭kerryman12

using them last season and this they group well for me.

Advertisement