Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Athlone IT General Discussion

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭angelxx

Hi Crooky, We are starting next week, 6th for nursing students and the 7th for everyone else. We will recieve a pack in the post this week with the details. I thought it was quite late, must be waiting for the end of the first round offers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭BlueNemo

Crooky92 wrote: »
    Ahhh i was wonderin where my humorous debate wit BlueNemo went off to :p last time i checked it was in the Introduction forum :rolleyes: was quite enjoyin my battle of wits but the dust seems to have settled now. . in terms of the start of the college term what is the date first years start because i havent heard anythin off the college yet. . everybody is saying we start a week later but which week is that? leaving it a bit late for notice arent they. . or is it just me :L
    I could start again if you like? :rolleyes::p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭YOP1992

what societies are there in the college?!

YOP1992 wrote: »
    what societies are there in the college?!

Doesn't it say some on the website? I remember seeing something on it a few weeks ago.

I wanna join EVERYTHING :D

Or just one. :rolleyes:

Hopefully there will be some interesting societies to participate in. I think we can sign up
    for them during freshers week.

http://www.ait.ie/informationforcurrentstudents/clubsandsocieties/

• Advertisement

Could we like, I dunno, make an AIT Boards society or something?

BlueNemo wrote: »
    Could we like, I dunno, make an AIT Boards society or something?

Excellent idea, Blue Nemo :)

angelxx wrote: »
    Excellent idea, Blue Nemo :)

Ah just call me Nemo, or Eimear :)

Ah just call me Nemo, or Eimear :)
    What time are you going to be in for on Tuesday Nemo?
    The letter said from 11.30??

What time are you going to be in for on Tuesday Nemo?
    The letter said from 11.30??

Oh did it? Guess I'll probably be in around 11 so, I like to be early for things.

• Advertisement

Do you have any idea where we are supposed to go? I'm sure someone will kindly direct me when I get lost lol

Do you have any idea where we are supposed to go? I'm sure someone will kindly direct me when I get lost lol

I don't know actually, I'll read over the sheet tomorrow and see if it gives any clues. I presume we could just ask someone who looks like they should know these things :pac:

I don't know actually, I'll read over the sheet tomorrow and see if it gives any clues. I presume we could just ask someone who looks like they should know these things :pac:

I'm sure they are used to inquisitive first years :D
    When are you moving down?

I'm sure they are used to inquisitive first years :D
    When are you moving down?

Yeah, I'm sure people will spot first years right away anyway!

I'm moving on Saturday I think, you?

I'm moving Monday, Are you looking forward to it?

I'm moving Monday, Are you looking forward to it?

I using Monday as my 'find way around Athlone' day haha

Yeah I'm gettin nervous now though.. how about you?

Actually that's a really good idea, Hadn't thought of doing that.
    I'm just starting to get really nervous, I'm sure we will love it once we settle in.

Actually that's a really good idea, Hadn't thought of doing that.
    I'm just starting to get really nervous, I'm sure we will love it once we settle in.

I've only ever walked around Athlone once, so I don't know where anywhere is! I better learn fast haha

Yeah I'm sure we'll settle in fine, people there seem nice enough :pac:

Other years - Please dont kill me for being a first year >.<

I'm hopeful the other years will show us patience :o

We start lectures on the 9th so should be settled in pretty well
    by the end of next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Crooky92

I could start again if you like? :rolleyes::p

haha no thanks i think i shud save my energy for figurin stuff out in college :L such as where to go :pac:

thanks for that angel i jus got somethin off them yesterday wit info and wat not. . . any 1st years livin in glen abhainn?

• Advertisement

Actually that's not a bad idea, everyone should shout about were they're staying, see if anyone's close by :p

Ha, close by, most of the accommodation is beside the other haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 836 ✭✭✭- bo -

I've just got all me stuffs packed up over the last hour, heading on down in half an hour to move all of it in to me new aboad :) I'm itching to get started back.

Also, Nemo/Eimear - I don't know if it's all the design dept or just some of it, but the building we're moving into hasn't been completed yet and so the design courses are taking place in prefabs out the back for the first week :rolleyes:

- bo - wrote: »
    I've just got all me stuffs packed up over the last hour, heading on down in half an hour to move all of it in to me new aboad :) I'm itching to get started back.

Also, Nemo/Eimear - I don't know if it's all the design dept or just some of it, but the building we're moving into hasn't been completed yet and so the design courses are taking place in prefabs out the back for the first week :rolleyes:

Ohh you're moving in early. Where abouts?

Hahaha, that's grand, I can use it as a topic of conversation to start talking to people :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 836 ✭✭✭- bo -

I'm not even moving in, the 2 lads I'm living with (3rd year in a row) moved in last night but I'm busy working and doing odd jobs to scrape together some rent and so I'm just going and coming back tonight (up at 5am for work tomorrow :()

The house is Kilmacoo, not the student apartments but one of the white bungalows when you turn right after the shop/off on the way to the college from town. There'll be many a gaf party at it throughout the year and if the design dept are as close-knit as we were in Northgate St I'm sure yerself and classamtes will be at it plenty! (our biggest session last year saw about 60-70 students come along, mostly from all years of the design dept) :)

Do talk to everyone from your class on the first couple of days if possible, smetimes the atmosphere can be a bit cagey and awkward (I've heard there's 39 new 1st years by the way in design this year) - but within a week or so you'll be sussed and people start coming out of their shells a bit. Pretty much all the design students are a dead on bunch so if you're a bit lost or need a bit of help with anything just shout..

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I'll be up in AIT tomorrow evening and Monday, putting up boards.ie flyers :P Then back again on Wednesday evening to register myself for an evening course :)

I'll be up in AIT tomorrow evening and Monday, putting up boards.ie flyers :P Then back again on Wednesday evening to register myself for an evening course :)

If I see ya puttin up flyers, I'll wave, dont be alarmed :rolleyes: haha

That's a great idea, It would be great to see the forum gain more posters.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭hamhamwich

The course time tables are up on the website.

http://timetable.ait.ie/students.htm

Mine is pretty sweet. Finnish at 12 on friday's. :D:p
    Hopefully that wont change.

Yeah I saw that yesterday, I don't know what class I'm in yet, but they all seem to have half days on Friday. Way Hey :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Crooky92

my timetable is ok except for the fact im in from 9 till 5:30 on wednesday wit NO BREAK watsoever :mad::( im gonna die that day lol friday is a nice day tho not in till 11 :)

Advertisement