Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Athlone IT General Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭BlueNemo

Crooky92 wrote: »
    my timetable is ok except for the fact im in from 9 till 5:30 on wednesday wit NO BREAK watsoever :mad::( im gonna die that day lol friday is a nice day tho not in till 11 :)
    Jesus you must have SOME kinda break??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Crooky92

BlueNemo wrote: »
    Jesus you must have SOME kinda break??

no im tellin ya its just lectures all the way through the day. . i hope its a mistake or somethin

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

my timetable is ok except for the fact im in from 9 till 5:30 on wednesday wit NO BREAK watsoever :mad::( im gonna die that day lol friday is a nice day tho not in till 11 :)

They normally iron out the hours within the first week back. You'll get a break don't worry. They'll shuffle a class or 2 around :)

They normally iron out the hours within the first week back. You'll get a break don't worry. They'll shuffle a class or 2 around :)

i hope so anyway lol i wudnt be able for that every week, i'd be drinkin my stress away that night constantly haha . . until im broke that is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 291 ✭✭Popple3

i hope so anyway lol i wudnt be able for that every week, i'd be drinkin my stress away that night constantly haha . . until im broke that is
    With your particular course, you won't be in for all those classes listed.
    The class will be divided in two for lab sessions as there's around 60 people starting Games/Web, and computer labs can only handle 30

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭hamhamwich

What activity is PASS?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 291 ✭✭Popple3

hamhamwich wrote: »
    What activity is PASS?
    PASS stands for Peer Assisted Student Support.
    It's a module where two or more students in higher years (called PASS Leaders) will take the class for an hour a week to help out with any problems with anything the class might be having. If the class hasn't got any problems, then it becomes more like a revision class. There's no exam at the end of it, and no continuous assessment. It's purely for the benefit of the students involved, both the first years, and the PASS Leaders themselves.
    It was trialled last year in AIT, and has become a full module this year with more courses involved.

I'm going to be one of the four PASS Leaders for the Games/Web course.

I'm going to be one of the four PASS Leaders for the Games/Web course.[/QUOTE]

i'll see ya there so lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭sherdydan

can i just ask what the hell is peer ment and learning to learn?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Ashtray_Heart

sherdydan wrote: »
    can i just ask what the hell is peer ment and learning to learn?
    It's just, to explain it simply, classes to help out the first years,well thats what peer ment is anyway.what course you doin james?

• Advertisement

It's just, to explain it simply, classes to help out the first years,well thats what peer ment is anyway.what course you doin james?
    i see i see, im doing business computing, also may i ask how the hell do you know my first name?! :eek: lol

i see i see, im doing business computing, also may i ask how the hell do you know my first name?! :eek: lol
    haha HELLO its cat fox here haha,O'briens ring a bell haha:) and aw cool,I met the people for ur peer mentoring thing at the training day, they're really cool so u'll be grand for that:)

ohh thank christ lol, i didnt have a feckin clue what was goin on there lol. nice ta hear, not that im going to be too pushed to attend that learning to learn bull**** lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 171 ✭✭TimeClock18

ohh thank christ lol, i didnt have a feckin clue what was goin on there lol. nice ta hear, not that im going to be too pushed to attend that learning to learn bull**** lol

what is the Learning to Learn thing about anyway? Is that the same thing as PASS?

haha damn I shoulda kept ya freaked out lol.yeh i duno what the hell that learning to learn thing is so yeh feck that lol but I defo advise going to peer ment.:)

i heard it "teaches" how to write essays and crap.

haha damn I shoulda kept ya freaked out lol.yeh i duno what the hell that learning to learn thing is so yeh feck that lol but I defo advise going to peer ment.:)

peer ment is only an hour a week so i think il survive lol

what is the Learning to Learn thing about anyway? Is that the same thing as PASS?
    nope PASS and learning to learn are different,PASS is run by second year students of the course your going into and learning to learn would be lecturer.

i heard it "teaches" how to write essays and crap.
    well ud get that in peer ment too.Peer ment(PASS) is a class with 2 or 3 second years from the course your doing helping you out with course work and that.Im one of them for my course.I wish I had it for me last year,would of helped A LOT.

I'm unpacked :), so pleased it didnt take too long. Sorry I wanted to tell someone Im spendin my first night in Athlone :pac:

• Advertisement

I'm unpacked :), so pleased it didnt take too long. Sorry I wanted to tell someone Im spendin my first night in Athlone :pac:
    hehe naww congrats:D pity its raining though.wheres ur accom?u close to the college?

delighted to hear mate! where you staying and what you studying?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭angelxx

Congrats Nemo, How are you settling in?

It's all good :-) i'm stayin in croi oige, gonna study vis comm xD It's a shame i haven't met my housemates yet but I guess that'll be tomorrow or Monday. Did anyone else get caught in all this rain? :(

It's all good :-) i'm stayin in croi oige, gonna study vis comm xD It's a shame i haven't met my housemates yet but I guess that'll be tomorrow or Monday. Did anyone else get caught in all this rain? :(
    aw cooly,oh where are those?yeh they'll prob move down sunday,I assume your in with other first years then if no-one else has moved in?and no thankfuly I didn't,stayed in the house all day haha :D

They're behind londis opposite the college:-) Haha no i.m with 2 4th years i think... To be honest i'm not so sure. Haha i got drenched, twice.

aw no you poor thing,at least if you get drenched at college you live close by so u wont have to stay drenched lol.and cool I know those apartments,what they like inside?:) and ah fourth years should be ok.so its only 3 in your apartment?

Well the other bedroom is empty so maybe someone will be moving in there tomorrow. Haha yeah i'm right beside the college, no excuse if i'm late >< but yeah the house is nice, my room's on the bottom floor but that doesn't bother me too much :-)

Ah yeh sure you dont have to walk up stairs then hehe:D aw cool.You all excited/nervous about starting?:)

• Advertisement

yea me and couple my mates moved into glen abhainn today. . went for a wander into town and started rainin on the way back lol

Advertisement