Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gareth Bale

• 25-08-2010 9:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭

He has got three assists tonight which means that he has either scored or created 16 of Spurs' last 18 goals :eek:

I've always rated the lad, and it's frightening to think, that according to Redknapp, he was very close to joining a Championship club on loan last season.

What a transformation from the lad.

Superb player, and a pleasure to watch.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭JohnnyRyan99

I rate Gareth Bale highly, This thread, lowly... Back to the Spurs thread with you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

There's a forum for Spurs and a Superthread, but you still felt the need to create this?:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

I've always rated the lad, and it's frightening to think, that according to Redknapp, he was very close to joining a Championship club on loan last season.

That championship team was Notts Forest. I would agree, fantastic to watch and the most improved player in the Premier league this year ( Theo Walcott ) take note.

I believe it would prove hard for top teams to prise him away from Spurs unless they got an offer they couldn't refuse. At only 21 as well he will improve again so much and you expect the top clubs to start sniffing around if he continues his current form over the next six months, but hopefully spurs hold on to him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭therokerroar

There wasn't a problem with a 'Lucas' thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Gareth Bale = best player in the world

Thats right, you heard me:p

(seriously though, could the bale orgy not have taken place over in the spurs thread)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

baz2009 wrote: »
    There's a forum for Spurs and a Superthread, but you still felt the need to create this?:pac:
    I rate Gareth Bale highly, This thread, lowly... Back to the Spurs thread with you!

He's a Sunderland fan.... would have thought the username was a bit of a giveaway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

If Bale keeps improving some day he could be as good as Seamus Coleman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Improved being the key word, i think hes one of those players who needs a hug before a game.

Anyone remember "the Gareth Bale Curse"?

M5 wrote: »
    Anyone remember "the Gareth Bale Curse"?

35 games or so ?

dunno the exact number but it was more than 20

• Advertisement

dreamers75 wrote: »
    35 games or so ?

dunno the exact number but it was more than 20

Thats why he was being shipped off. Then someone got injured and the rest is history. Amazing stuff really. Roy of the Rovers-esq storyline

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭event

this time next year he'll be with Man united, City or chelsea if he continues on this form

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭deise48

he is class at the moment all right

event wrote: »
    this time next year he'll be with Man united, City or chelsea if he continues on this form

ohhhhh you went there :pac:

Here we go.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Why? He just signed a new deal 4 year deal with Spurs? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

Yea but based on his development over the last 12 months I can see him getting the opportunity to move to a big club.....just like Yossi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

You be trollin for a reaction.

I likes it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭JohnnyRyan99

Could see him replacing Giggs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

He's a Sunderland fan.... would have thought the username was a bit of a giveaway

Doesn't stop him from posting in ither of those places.:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭seadnamac

There's a Spurs forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

He has got three assists tonight which means that he has either scored or created 16 of Spurs' last 18 goals :eek:

Did he not get all 4 assists tonight?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

Involved in 16 of 18 eh?

'Arry better be praying the lad don't get injured in that case.

karma_ wrote: »
    Involved in 16 of 18 eh?

'Arry better be praying the lad don't get injured in that case.

Arry realised he wasnt very good as a left back and played him on the wing.

Solved the Bale curse, great manager :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

This Thread already has moreposts then the superthread :pac: he won't be going anywhere soon he's finally turning his potential into an end result to devastating effect great to see :)

dreamers75 wrote: »
    ohhhhh you went there :pac:
    Here we go.....
    mars bar wrote: »
    Why? He just signed a new deal 4 year deal with Spurs? :confused:
    Oatesy23 wrote: »
    You be trollin for a reaction.

I likes it.

i didnt mean it in a disrespectful way to spurs or anything, no trolling at all

i just mean that if he improves as much as he did last year, he'd prob be the best left winger in the league.

City seem intent on buying up anyone that can kick a ball in a straight line, Chelsea are always interested in big players like that and united would need a replacement for giggs. They are always involved when british talent is on the move

no disrespect to spurs, its not as if they have been able to hang onto their starts in the past either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Poor ****er still has to play for Wales....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭therokerroar

Did he not get all 4 assists tonight?

He certainly did.

I had created the thread before he won the penalty.

i didnt mean it in a disrespectful way to spurs or anything, no trolling at all

i just mean that if he improves as much as he did last year, he'd prob be the best left winger in the league.

City seem intent on buying up anyone that can kick a ball in a straight line, Chelsea are always interested in big players like that and united would need a replacement for giggs. They are always involved when british talent is on the move

no disrespect to spurs, its not as if they have been able to hang onto their starts in the past either
    Held onto Modric despite United interestpreviously we didn't have champions league football either

• Advertisement

Held onto Modric despite United interestpreviously we didn't have champions league football either

United couldnt afford me ffs and im 35

did united bid for him?

cos they bid for carrick and berbatov and got both!

and i meant next summer, we wont know if spurs have champs league football then too

could be that he is one of the best players in the league and champs league, spurs dont qualify for the next season and he doesnt want to be without it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Bale has improved greatly in the last 6 months but he always had the potential,he was excellent for southamton in the season before his transfer to spurs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

did united bid for him?
    united were rumoured to be interested in him before he joined spurs dont think they bid for him.bale was very well known as a major upcoming talent 3/4 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Royal Seahawk

He was excellent tonight alright, having a great season so far. Can see him moving to a big club in the next year or two if this form continues.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

nah he will join his welsh companion Ramsey at Arsenal imo :)

• Advertisement

OPENROAD wrote: »
    nah he will join his welsh companion Ramsey at Arsenal imo :)

wenger wouldnt spend the money, nor would spurs sell him to arsenal :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

He was excellent tonight alright, having a great season so far. Can see him moving to a big club in the next year or two if this form continues.

Spurs are doing pretty alright for themselves with one of the strongest squads in the league and are one of only 4 English teams in the champions league.

That's big.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

i remember he was very highly rated when he first came to spurs. i think harry has moulded him into a really great player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

I'm pretty sure Bale was very close to joining Newcastle United at some stage in the last couple of seasons too.
    Anyway, playing some serious stuff.

Long gone are the days last season when I had him in my Fantasy League team as a LB and he was assisting & scoring like a mad thing towards the end :(

Ah well :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Poor man's Adam Johnson

;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

"In Cork you'd be known as a langer(open to interpretation}"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,986 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I was thinking of starting a thread about him this afternoon. 12 months ago the guy was often used in threads where a player was being criticised like 'he is nearly as bad as Gareth Bale' or others things like that.

It really has been an incredible year for the lad and its great to see somebody who looked like not making it turning it completely around and becoming on of the most exciting and affective players in the EPL.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Royal Seahawk

adox wrote: »
    Spurs are doing pretty alright for themselves with one of the strongest squads in the league and are one of only 4 English teams in the champions league.

That's big.

That's true, I guess I meant a club that will challenge for a league title and/or Champions League.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

He's the best winger in the league

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

he is playing well atm, now whether that is permanent or an extended purple patch ala tony yeboah/Titi Camara we will have to wait and see

i also agree with the poster who said bale will be off if his form continues throughout the season, british players that show any decent form are snapped up by the likes of man utd, city, chelsea quickly, 4 year deal or not, last march we had villa fans saying milner was committed to that club

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

Jazzy wrote: »
    i think harry has moulded him into a really great player

I don't agree with this at all

In fact I think both Bale and Pavlechynko have proven that Rednapp is lucky more than anything else

Both were deemed surplus to requirements and both were being shipped out until injury forced Harry to play them and they both went to prove how wrong Harry was in ignoring them

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

All harry did was play him in midfield rather than defence I think, made all the difference.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Harry had nothing to do with turning him into a good player. He was signed as a potentially great player, Harry ignored him until injury forced him into playing him.

Melion wrote: »
    Harry had nothing to do with turning him into a good player. He was signed as a potentially great player, Harry ignored him until injury forced him into playing him.
    Actually baleheartw.gif this guy used to be really injury prone Harry seems to of instilled something in him that stops him getting injured the whole time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Actually baleheartw.gif this guy used to be really injury prone Harry seems to of instilled something in him that stops him getting injured the whole time.

Sorry but thats ridiculous.

• Advertisement
Advertisement