Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gareth Bale

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Melion wrote: »
    Sorry but thats ridiculous.
    I honestly think it's just about confidence I know if I was low on confidence I was always pulling things and injuries seemed worse he seems to be playing really well now and he's not been injured apart from brusing his leg during training once and he was still able to play he must of put something into him to stop that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Arry realised he wasnt very good as a left back and played him on the wing.

Solved the Bale curse, great manager :D
    Mickeroo wrote: »
    All harry did was play him in midfield rather than defence I think, made all the difference.
    Didn't ramos play him in midfield too?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Not buying it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Harry has a magic sponge

Cures all known sports injuries and illnesses

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

A few good performances against Stoke and Young Boys and all of a sudden he is gone from being an also ran to be the next Ryan Giggs?

Ill hold my judgement for at least the season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

gimmick wrote: »
    A few good performances against Stoke and Young Boys and all of a sudden he is gone from being an also ran to be the next Ryan Giggs?

Remember nani had a couple of good games in a row last year and he was better than ronaldo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

He tore Chelski apart last season as well. The boy's quality. As a Spurs fan, I just hope we can hold on to him. The fans adore him.

He's no Giggs yet (who is?) but his delivery is amazing, he's got a great shot, his positioning is improving all the time, and the boy's 6"3' so he can win the headers. Good tackler too, and great stamina.

And still only 21!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭event

Actually baleheartw.gif this guy used to be really injury prone Harry seems to of instilled something in him that stops him getting injured the whole time.

is harry Jesus now or something?

event wrote: »
    is harry Jesus now or something?
    Not at all I think he can give players confidence though
    I also wanted a reason to post the GIF :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

I really rate Bale, and Arry as a manager. Other managers would stick to their guns and not play them, but he is willing to be proved wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

He's still braindead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

His movement is really just outstanding, and he really reminds me of Beckham in some ways. Really come along leaps and bounds as a player, him and Johnson are the two players to watch this season. Both impressed towards the end of last season and both have shown good form at the start of this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Bale was linked with United before Spurs signed him, and to think we could have had him and Ramsey :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭dazzday

I wonder if Glen Johnson could do with the Gareth Bale treatment and be moulded into a winger.

Arguably has all the right qualities for it...his defending is his weakness.

dazzday wrote: »
    I wonder if Glen Johnson could do with the Gareth Bale treatment and be moulded into a winger.

Arguably has all the right qualities for it...his defending is his weakness.
    He had a Motm performance for Portsmouth once as a right mid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

he's also had numerous MOTM awards at Portsmouth and Liverpool as a RB. As well as gettin into the team of the season couple of years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭event

And he's doing ok at RB tonight too ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Is this fella still flavour of the month?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Not in my fantasy football team. :mad::D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Is this fella still flavour of the month?

He's been involved in pretty much everything good Spurs have done this year so far anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

He had a pretty impressive dive tonight that won Spurs a peno.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

hes the exact sort of player england are crying out for. good thing hes welsh (like x in the city... oh no he didnt!) :pac:

Jazzy wrote: »
    hes the exact sort of player england are crying out for. good thing hes welsh (like x in the city... oh no he didnt!) :pac:

Johnny Giles repeatedly calls him English on live TV and radio. I'm sure people keep correcting him but he probably keeps forgetting.

I really think he's going to be absolutely huge so talented often puts the ball through between keeper and defenders and we just can't get our strikers in for the tap in.

I really think he's going to be absolutely huge so talented often puts the ball through between keeper and defenders and we just can't get our strikers in for the tap in.

I badly want him to replace Giggs at United.

flahavaj wrote: »
    I badly want him to replace Giggs at United.
    I badly don't want that to happen :pac:
    I'm glad we tied him down last year to a new contract and he signed before we made the champions league which is a good sign.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

Where was he deployed tonight? They need him out wide left, this left back nonsense is hampering the team.

Where was he deployed tonight? They need him out wide left, this left back nonsense is hampering the team.
    He played left Winger only plays LB when Assou-Ekotto is injured

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

He played left Winger only plays LB when Assou-Ekotto is injured

Redknapp says he'll be a LB...

Redknapp says he'll be a LB...
    Ya ....... I heard that really think he should stay LW but I do think he could be a very good LB but he could be a world class winger

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Ya ....... I heard that really think he should stay LW but I do think he could be a very good LB but he could be a world class winger

Winger, he's far better. He has some turn of pace. It's amazing where he has come to in a year.

Le King wrote: »
    Winger, he's far better. He has some turn of pace. It's amazing where he has come to in a year.

He has that rare combination of power and pace but also backs it up with brilliant delivery and a great left foot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Class stuff tonight from Bale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Johner wrote: »
    Class stuff tonight from Bale.

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055029728

Been saying it for yeeeeeeeears Bill!

:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭WesternZulu

ITV fairly went on about it being hard to keep him at the lane :mad:

Would they be talking the same way if a young liverpool/united player scorer a hat-trick in Europe.

Hope spurs hold onto him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Would they be talking the same way if a young liverpool/united player scorer a hat-trick in Europe.

Probably not considering both Liverpool and United are much better and bigger clubs than Spurs..:confused:

Do you honestly see him at Spurs in five years time? Genuinely quality left sided players are like hens teeth.

Do you honestly see him at Spurs in five years time? Genuinely quality left sided players are like hens teeth.

Why not??

Spurs are building the whole time, just because they are not perceived as big as other european clubs does not mean that they have to sell their best players or that their players necessarily want to leave if they see continued progress.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

we are a well run profitable club thanks to Danny Levy.

Remember we bought Modric Bale and Lennon for a combined fee of 17m and to offset this we sold Carrick to Manyoo for 18.6m. How good is that?

• Advertisement

Why not??

Spurs are building the whole time, just because they are not perceived as big as other european clubs does not mean that they have to sell their best players or that their players necessarily want to leave if they see continued progress.

Because if he keeps up this kind of form you'll have bigger clubs than Spurs sniffing around - clubs that can guarantee him CL football every season and not only that, the chance at wining the league and CL on a consistent basis.

Thats a heriarchy of football clubs and Spurs aren't at the top of it its a simple fact of life. When they do sell him they'll get decent money for him so its not all doom and gloom.

BERBA wrote: »
    we are a well run profitable club thanks to Danny Levy.

Remember we bought Modric Bale and Lennon for a combined fee of 17m and to offset this we sold Carrick to Manyoo for 18.6m. How good is that?

Yes and the 30 odd million ye get for Bale will be no doubt re invested wisely as well. Thats life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

I think his position might depend on if they qualify for the champions league next season. Bale a chance to join Manutd before choosing Spurs. Unless someone offers silly money and Spurs accept it i can't see him leaving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Some left foot on the kid alright. All 3 of his goals were practically the same. Lethal shooting tonight.

Vanbis wrote: »
    I think his position might depend on if they qualify for the champions league next season. Bale a chance to join Manutd before choosing Spurs. Unless someone offers silly money and Spurs accept it i can't see him leaving.

He might want to leave himself in a few years if the likes of Chelsea or Madrid made their interest known. And once that happens he'll be gone. The players hold all the power in such matters. Ask Berbatov.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

He only scored 1 point in my dream team 2 seasons ago, i can never like him after that.

He has seriously come on brilliantly the last 2 seasons.

• Advertisement

Because if he keeps up this kind of form you'll have bigger clubs than Spurs sniffing around - clubs that can guarantee him CL football every season and not only that, the chance at wining the league and CL on a consistent basis.

Thats a heriarchy of football clubs and Spurs aren't at the top of it its a simple fact of life. When they do sell him they'll get decent money for him so its not all doom and gloom.

When Giggs was younger United were far from European powerhouses and he was not prized away to much stronger teams in Spain and Italy.

Don't think that bigger teams have an automatic right to sign any player that they want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Yeah well at least we all know he's not going to Titanic, aka Man United. As you said, he needs a club that can guarantee CL football every year, not a club where all the truly world class players are leaving......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

Yes and the 30 odd million ye get for Bale will be no doubt re invested wisely as well. Thats life.

just signed a new 5 year contract , Levy wont sell him unless its complete crazy money. reckon he'll be happy enough to stay in next couple of years anyhow as long as he getting champo league footie and i think we well equiped to give him that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Faboulous comeback from 4-0 down and brilliant hat trick for Bale .

When Giggs was younger United were far from European powerhouses and he was not prized away to much stronger teams in Spain and Italy.

Don't think that bigger teams have an automatic right to sign any player that they want.

No but players do now seem to have the right to demand a move once the bigger cubs come sniffing about. And generally they do. It was a long time ago that Giggs was a young fella, a different era. He was also at the biggest club in England at the time, a club he was at since he was a child. Its not hard to see why he'd have stayed.

• Advertisement
Advertisement