Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bike Speedo problems

• 25-08-2010 10:02pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Guys
    Whats the common problems with them speedos, mine turns on and that but for some reason it won't work as it register.

What checks does a man do, the magnet on the wheel lines up with the reader, but still can't figure it out.

Or do they have a short life span? Its the Cateye 5, only about 1 year old. Have put a new battery in there 4 months back.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 803 ✭✭✭tawfeeredux

How close is the magnet to the sensor? They should be no more than 2mm away from each other. Also, check that the display unit is sitting properly in the bracket, and that the little contact points are clear of grit. If no joy, check the cable to make sure there's no kinks that might indicate that the cable is damaged.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

I will do all that tomorrow. I made sure the magnet was well close and I sprayed some WD40 on the connectors of the unit but still no dice.

Will give that a go tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭route66

When I got my bike, the LBS fitted the fork sensor back to front - nothing registered until I turned it around the other way.

Not sure if the Cateye 5 is wireless? If it is, remember you have 2 batteries - 1 in the computer and one in the sensor.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Apologise its the Cateye Velo 8 , never copped there maybe a battery in the sensor. Aye, its worked away sound for over a year.

Advertisement