Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unacceptable Vodafone Broadband,our options?

• 25-08-2010 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭

Hi,any thoughts appreciated,we were with bt for a year with no probs,fast 3mb broadband connection.-could stream media.,access hotmail instantly etc. Bascically we were happy with the service we were paying for
    -we were told by numerous letters that vodafone were taking over from bt- and that we did not have to do anyting and that the service would not change-except ever since the 1 day we changed our broadband details with vodafone- our broadband went to hell ie extremely slow,random disconnections,we had no reason not to believe them and we thought this may have been a temp chang over prob,
    Then we began to believe that our terrible slow connection was because our computer was too old and rubbish,it was 10 years old so this was true!
    ,so we put up with it for a few months- -eventually decided to spend alot on a new computer expecting a much improved difference in our internet as well--except it made no difference at all-it still took us over 20 seconds to access hotmail, we could not stream media without immediate disruption- added onto this we had constant unexplainable disconnections,freezing- to sum up,we had a fast reliabe service with bt , now we have the opposite with vodafone,.we are actually posting from . mobile now .Vodafone are pretty much saying tough ****,that they are advertising UP to 3mb and that our line is faulty,even though it was very able up and until we changed login details with vodafone, how should we proceed?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 donegalnordie

hey, we had the exact same problem and discovered the terrible vodafone secret. Since VF took over all of the BT customers they now have an extremely high contention ratio at your local exchange. in other words they are cramming as many people as they can onto 1 line. PM me and ill give you the details of the guy that sorted us out.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I was the same for a while, then I switched to a different package Vodafone, combined with phonecalls. Unbelievably good since then, not a bother. And cheaper too.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Is your broadband using the bt voyager 210 modem? I just fixed my aunts vodafone broadband today by installing a new netgear DSL modem/router, those boxes overheat and cause it to keep disconnecting, it worked for a few mins then disconnect after disconnect, no disconnecting since swapping it out, vodafone just said it was a line profiling error and lowered the download/upload speeds, made sfa difference :rolleyes: Just a thought..

Nick

Advertisement