Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Info on registration fee's?

Options
  • 25-08-2010 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi, does anybody know anything about registration fee's for LC991 and any grants available?:rolleyes:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 sleezyandy

Hey whats up Im going into 5th year in LIT Masters in computing and ive had grants since 1st year. Grants are done through the vec im and i think that you will have to apply to your local vec office for information if you qualify. youll find more information here :
    http://www.citizensinformation.ie/categories/education/third-level-education/fees-and-supports-for-third-level-education/higher_education_grants_scheme

I didnt qualify for the full grant becuase if you are below 23 years of age the amount you can get depends on where you live if you live in a deprived area such as moyross you are automatically entitled to it. The other factor is the amount of cash your parents make.

My grant the lowest level was that they just covered my fees there are other levels but if you qualify for any grant your fees will be covered. and the maintainance grant i think is around 2000 for the year and you get paid every 3 months. For every level you get fees + 25% of the grant fees + 50%, fees + 75% and fees and full maintainance.

Hope this helps I suggest you contact your nearest VEC office for better information!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭ROCE1977

You need to apply for a maintence grant from the VEC. This covers fees. If you worked for Dell, Banta etc EGF funding will cover it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 spongelob

thanks, im just wondering about what happens if i dont recieve my grant before i start college i have all of my forms filled out and awaiting a few more documents for the grant but not sure if i will have it for the start of college! does the registration fee's need to be paid as soon as you start or do they wait untill you recieve your grant money? answers appreciated :)

• Registered Users Posts: 31,915 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

You never have the grant in time for college to be fair! I think you pay up the registration and when you get your grant, you get the registration money back. I'm not too sure, I think that's how it works anyway.
    Really hope I get the grant this year as there'll be two of us in college this time.

Speaking of grants, does any one know if you can get a travel grant for buses and such?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 sleezyandy

Ya you never ever get the grant on time usually around December you get it. But all you have to do is go to the admissions office and tell them that you have applied for a grant and itll be grand you wont have to pay and if you do pay(like i did) before you get the grant they will refund you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 spongelob

thanks i really had'nt a clue about all of this!

Advertisement