Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

French language channels

• 25-08-2010 10:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Does any kind person out there know if/how I can get freesat French language channels in County Cork?
    Merci d'avance!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 107 ✭✭twig

Franglais wrote: »
    Does any kind person out there know if/how I can get freesat French language channels in County Cork?
    Merci d'avance!

Yeh i have a 1.2m dish and i get 5w which has most of the french channels i think?

It has france 1,2,3,4 among others. I think only france 2 is fta but i could be wrong there is prob plenty of fta french channels around!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

there are a handful of french language channels FTA on 13 east. TV8 is one of them that sticks to mind.

For just over 100€ you could get a Fransat setup for 5 west, which will give you access to all the French national channels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

TF1 and M6 are only available FTA in analogue. The others are FTA in digital.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭craoltoir

Sur Astra 19.2 Est (numérique/en clair), il ya France 24, TV5 Monde, TV5 FBS, KTO (Catholique), LCP, Demain et ARTE.

Ces chaines, et TV8 Mont Blanc, sont également disponible sur Hotbird 13 Est. Parfois, les émissions de Canal + sont en clair.

Also i think M6 is clear in digital on 7 east, it may be the swiss version?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭kuro_man

you can also buy a TNTSAT (sd) box/card for around €100 (HD is c. €250) which gives you the full suite of French terrestrial channels on 19.2e for at least 4 years.

19.2 is probably the easiest sat to have in conjucntion with UK tv on astra 2 (28e), single dish with 2 lnbs works well.

This link gives you a list of all the free french tv stations

http://www.lyngsat.com/freetv/France.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 200 ✭✭Frisian

Get a receiver + card for TNT sat here or here, look out for a satellite dish with a recommended size of 80 cm and point it at Astra1 19°e.

Sky mesh dish might also work but I wouldn't go down that that road.

Advertisement