Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Muse

Options
  • 25-08-2010 10:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

Basically a forum all about the BEST BAND IN THE WORLD MUSE. Post a thread if you agree, otherwise go back to Justin Bieber :mad:

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

..what? Are you advertising one, or saying this forum should be all about Muse? If the latter, not a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

yeah lets spam the forum in agreement. btw why r groups like muse n BFMV in competition with this justin Beiber? just ogled, seems he is but one boy! unfair odds :mad: go beiber

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Youtube is bad for that, people mentioning Beiber every second video. Youtubers, one of the dumbest internet congregations ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

have often wondered why youtube comments feature many a prepubescent boy posting about the impending rape potential of their phallus :confused:

no mods nor filters it seems. for something so popular

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭darrenw5094

kmlarules wrote: »
    Basically a forum all about the BEST BAND IN THE WORLD MUSE. Post a thread if you agree, otherwise go back to Justin Bieber :mad:

Why you think they are the best band in the world?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Denny M wrote: »
    ..what? Are you advertising one, or saying this forum should be all about Muse? If the latter, not a chance.

I think he's mixing up the words forum and thread and post. So really, what he's saying is a thread all about Muse.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭jamezy

I wouldn't say Muse are the best band in the world... In fact i wouldn't say any band are the best in the world due to the inherent subjective nature of music and art in general. Who am i, a ripple in the stream of shared consciousness that flows throw the unseen universe to proclaim someone or thing has reached the pinnacle of all musical endeavors!?

BUT would say the are are crackin' band and i have major time for them.... Does that mean im demoted to Bieber?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I think this is your post in this forum so I'm going to cut you some slack. First off, as Karl Hungus has pointed out, please get your terminology correct - Rock & Metal is a forum and your Muse thread contains a bunch of posts (like this one). Get the lingo right and you won't confuse people. Secondly it's considered bad form to just write an inflammatory one line post without offering an opinion or engaging in any debate. This site is a discussion forum so, you know, discuss stuff - elaborate on why you like Muse so much.

Lastly don't equate non-Muse fans to Justin Bieber fans, you'll just annoy people who tastes might not match yours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭darrenw5094

So it's Muse or that manufactured gason, Bieber?

You give us a tough choice.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Malice_ wrote: »
    Rocket & Metal

lul wut :p

• Advertisement

lul wut :p
    Didn't you know? Name changes are the in thing right now! Plus I wanted to get a reasonable subtle Deftones reference in there as I was listening to Around The Fur earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Muse suck nowadays.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Joe_Dull

the BEST BAND IN THE WORLD MUSE.

One hundred per cent disagree. Not because I love Justin Bieber - because Matt Bellamy's voice absolutely does my head in, the music and lyrics are overblown and the whole enterprise winds up surprisingly dull. Of course there are exceptions, but in general I think they get far more credit then they deserve.

I shall now return to listening to Dream Theater, Opeth, In Flames, Neil Young, Imogen Heap, The Beatles etc.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I quite like Muse, I have Origin of Symmetry and Black Holes and Revelations, both good albums. That said I do think they're quite overrated all the same though, nowhere near Best band in the world" for me anyway :D Not mad about what I've heard f their new stuff either.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Joe_Dull wrote: »
    One hundred per cent disagree. Not because I love Justin Bieber - because Matt Bellamy's voice absolutely does my head in, the music and lyrics are overblown and the whole enterprise winds up surprisingly dull. Of course there are exceptions, but in general I think they get far more credit then they deserve.
    I pretty much agree with all of this. Very overrated. I still remember playful arguements with a friend about them, due to his professed "man crush" on Bellamy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

They have one song; the apocalyptic impending doom panic song. Each song sounds as if it should be played over a scene with someone running away from something large. Try it and see!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Quality songs is what they have. Definitely have the ability to do anything they want.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

they set a high water mark with origin and blackholes. the other albums have been good but not great. the most recent one was reasonably poor altho the inclusion of some Chopin in that ridiculously overblown Queen rip-off was a nice touch!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭cypharius

In my opinion, Muse are one of the most overrated bands on the planet, they are nothing more then a mediocre pop band. My reason for thinking this is simply that I have never heard a Muse song that made me feel anything, or one that was catchy(to me).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

great band, but the best in the world? not a chance, fairly silly statement and I'm sure the band themselves would agree

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,750 ✭✭✭sxt

Their last album was a prime example of a self indulgent album imo, it was as if they went into recording this album already knowing that they were getting paid big bucks for it , were not in the mood, and that everyone was telling them that they were better composers than mozart, and ...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

as a fan of muse for many years, they are a great band, with some great songs and are very talented musicians, but they are not the best band in the world, you just need to listen to their last album to confirm that.

they are however the 21st century Queen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,139 ✭✭✭-Trek-

I like muse, and would rate absolution as their best work plus they do one hell of a live show.
    But to say they are the greatest band in the world would be ludacris as there is no such thing, greatest band in the world is and always will be a personal choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

cypharius wrote: »
    In my opinion, Muse are one of the most overrated bands on the planet, they are nothing more then a mediocre pop band.

You could consider them pop if the majority of material was along the lines of Starlight yes, but no mediocre pop band would dare do anything like Microcuts....or Exogenesis for a more recent example.

While the quantity of great tunes may be less on The Resistance ( I don't agree with that btw), they are doing what they want to do, so I still have a lot of respect for them, and think they still deserve credit for this. By not sticking to the same formula, it makes things vastly interesting.*
    Trekmad wrote: »
    I like muse, and would rate absolution as their best work plus they do one hell of a live show.

Some of which was recorded here in Ireland:D

*may be biased by the trip to Wembley very shortly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

New album confirmed!!

Title: the 2nd law

Release: September 2012

Woop Woop Woop!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

WHY IS THERE DUBSTEP

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Meesared wrote: »
    WHY IS THERE DUBSTEP
    Why are you using all capital letters?

Maybe because they didnt want to use anything from the album itself, only they'll know that.

Regarding the album name, it could refer to any of the scientific second laws that exist, or even Isaac Asimov's 2nd law of Robotics. I guess the only way to find out more, is to keep an eye on the Muse.mu forums.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

WHY IS THERE DUBSTEP
    So they can pander their music to a newer batch of 14 year olds.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Joe_Dull

WHY IS THERE BAD DUBSTEP

Fixed that for you. Also, dismissing an entire music genre does not an open-minded listener make.

• Advertisement

Well said Joe_Dull. It seems Dubstep is the new Emo for some people.

Advertisement