Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Muse

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

CianRyan wrote: »
    I have mates that are mad for Muse, they even dragged me to a show in The Point. Their live show was boring, lots if flashing lights and massive stage props are great if that's what you're out to see but I went to see a band play their songs.
    I guess they felt their songs weren't strong enough on their own and as such had to create this spectical to bump the live show.
    They sounded boring live, as they do recorded.

Muse are ****, only to be surpassed in their ****ness by their fans.

Someone ban this piece of sh*t

Hey, I didn't use specifics when referring to people, you did though. Not sound.

Obviously I don't think all of their fans are knobs, just the militant ones.
    Militant anything pisses me off, just like Muse. They're crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

Why post here then? Seems like youre trolling to me

Meesared wrote: »
    Why post here then? Seems like youre trolling to me

The absolute cheek of you.
    I gave my account on my experiences with the band, threw in a joke at the end and you didn't like it. That is called a discussion, not remotely trolling.

To be fair, you're backing up my statement (in jest) about their fans. Not everyone likes Muse, I went in unbias and level headed and decided I didn't like them, I go on to express this and get called a troll?
    Well ****, I remember why I don't post in here a lot.

Oh drop the fake outrage, its silly, I never said you weren't entitled to your opinion, posting it in such a clearly inflammatory way does look like trolling.

It's not fake, I think your reactions are astonishing.
    Look at the rest of my near 6000 posts, I'm not the type to troll, there's your proof.

You say I'm entitled to my opinion? Well next time I share it, please support that not calling me a troll when you don't agree.

• Advertisement

Look at the rest of my near 6000 posts, I'm not the type to troll, there's your proof.

You say I'm entitled to my opinion? Well next time I share it, please support that not calling me a troll when you don't agree.
    You said muse were only surpassed in their ****ness by their fans, in a thread of muse fans, please tell me how this is not trolling, and referring to your post count is silly. So please don't resort to that.

I've already said that was a joke, did you just decide to ignore that.
    I didn't realise this forum had a strict "no humor" policy, I apologise for that.

Anyway, if you want to continue this, feel free to PM me.

You like Muse, I don't. Mental, I know.

I didn't realise this forum had a strict "no humor" policy, I apologise for that.

Hmm if it was a joke it was a pretty stupid one I have to say

See now this would have been a fine response to open with, I would have said sorry and we could have moved on from there. Not everyone on the Internet is a troll. :)

See now this would have been a fine response to open with, I would have said sorry and we could have moved on from there. Not everyone on the Internet is a troll. :)
    See it would have been better not to make a stupid inflammatory joke in the first place :)

• Advertisement

PM coming your way.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Joe_Dull

Muse. They're crap.

Agreed.

I'll get my coat. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Humour*

Humour*

*Dyslexia.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭Cill94

Slightly immature responses coming from both ends here but tbh CianRyan, you did just waltz into a thread about Muse, where Muse fans are posting, and call the band and their fans ****. What else were you expecting? :P

Muse: I like some of their songs (Plug In Baby) but on the whole I think they are overrated. Which isn't to say they're terrible, I just think they get too much credit for stuff like being 'the best live band in the world' whereas I'd have to agree with Cian that it's more like 'the best live lights show in the world'. Also, Supermassive Blackhole... so overplayed.

I guess I was a bit cheeky but being Ireland, I thought we could handle a bit of slagging. Haha

*Dyslexia.

That's almost certainly not how you spell humour anyway.

That's almost certainly not how you spell humour anyway.

Well, the internet does not agree.
    Humour or humor (see spelling differences) is the tendency of particular cognitive experiences to provoke laughter and provide amusement. The term derives from the humoral medicine of the ancient Greeks, which taught that the balance of fluids in the human body, known as humors (Latin: humor, "body fluid"), control human health and emotion.

Well, the internet does not agree.

I'm glad you now understand that it's 'humour.'

I'm glad you now understand that it's 'humour.'

It's both actually or are you being ignorant for the take of it now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

The absolute cheek of you.
    I gave my account on my experiences with the band, threw in a joke at the end and you didn't like it. That is called a discussion, not remotely trolling.

To be fair, you're backing up my statement (in jest) about their fans. Not everyone likes Muse, I went in unbias and level headed and decided I didn't like them, I go on to express this and get called a troll?
    Well ****, I remember why I don't post in here a lot.
    Hey, I didn't use specifics when referring to people, you did though. Not sound.

Obviously I don't think all of their fans are knobs, just the militant ones.
    Militant anything pisses me off, just like Muse. They're crap.

35rft6.jpg

It's both actually or are you being ignorant for the take of it now?

*sake

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Everybody calm down. Just because someone doesn't like a band doesn't mean they're a troll. The language used to express their disapproval left a lot to be desired but it's not the end of the world,just ignore them in future.

And less of the backseat modding please.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

I was just going to say "ah lads, chill out a bit will ya"!

There's loads of people I met who just dont "get" Muse, but lots who do. I'm a fan for years, but only seen them once, in Marlay Park (which was amazing, from near front of the pit). Hopeful of getting a standing ticket for the next O2 show soon, since I missed the last one they had there :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

I was just going to say "ah lads, chill out a bit will ya"!

There's loads of people I met who just dont "get" Muse, but lots who do. I'm a fan for years, but only seen them once, in Marlay Park (which was amazing, from near front of the pit). Hopeful of getting a standing ticket for the next O2 show soon, since I missed the last one they had there :(

Standing tickets are all sold out and the gig is only few weeks away... you'd wanna get hunting sooner rather than later.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 91 ✭✭Decade of Decadence

So excited

Hopefully better than the last time they played the O2 on The Resistance tour

So excited

Hopefully better than the last time they played the O2 on The Resistance tour
    That was a good show, crowd were a little meh though

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 91 ✭✭Decade of Decadence

That was a good show, crowd were a little meh though

My worst time seeing them

Rubbish setlist and, as you said, crap crowd.

Support this time (The Joy Formidable) will hopefully enhance the night though!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Have seen Muse the last 4 times??? they have been here and think im gonna give the O2 show a miss . After hearing some of the new album it has really put me off plus i have seen them enough times

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 17 Minnesota Fats

Will be keeping a close eye on their setlists over the next few weeks to see what to expect

Advertisement