Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Quarryman Triathlon - any info?

• 25-08-2010 10:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 979 ✭✭✭

Anyone know much about the Tri an Mhi Quarryman Triathlon? It appears to on September 11th, but the organiser's website is down for a few days.

I tried to register using the precision timing website, it seemed to accept it, but I haven't gotten an email.

Anyone here doing it or has done it?

EDIT: Sorry Mods, should be in events, please move.

Rate this race based on, Scenery, PB potential, Atmosphere, Value, Organisation 1 vote

5 stars (excellent)
    0%
    4 stars (good)
    0%
    3 stars (average)
    100%
    onimpulse 1 vote
    2 stars (poor)
    0%
    1 star (terrible)
    0%

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

Log onto the precision timing website. Click on the race. If it says you are registered then you are ok. I registered ages ago and was worried when I got no email. But I received a race breifing from them this week. They will probably send this to recent registers soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,993 ✭✭✭griffin100

Anyone know much about the Tri an Mhi Quarryman Triathlon? It appears to on September 11th, but the organiser's website is down for a few days.
    I did this last year (and will do it again this year) and its a nice race, well oranised. Swim is in a very cold flooded quarry, bike is 25km IIRC and is not too bad, run is a three lap on a mixed surface with one hill near the start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,112 ✭✭✭Bambaata

yeah great course. weather last year was also fantastic. id definitely do it this year only im away. the hill on the run is a killer!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 979 ✭✭✭pc11

Thanks folks. Would anyone have a course map or detailed course description? Or results from last year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

I know I'm tough but can't believe they've named a triathlon after me...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=3991595

This is pretty much the bike course I think

I found this video of last year's course, I'm assuming it's the same this year?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WY8KPhIA0k

here's my bike from last yr: http://connect.garmin.com/activity/13215344

results...well yer man above won (although he's too modest to say so).

haha thanks griffen100! I have fond memories of that day :-) The weather was amazing too! Im gutted im missing it this year. Hopefully it goes well. The Tri an Mhí guys really looked after everyone last yr

• Advertisement

haha thanks griffen100! I have fond memories of that day :-) The weather was amazing too! Im gutted im missing it this year. Hopefully it goes well. The Tri an Mhí guys really looked after everyone last yr

yeah with you out the picture I'm good to move up one place at least :D

Bambaata wrote: »
    here's my bike from last yr: http://connect.garmin.com/activity/13215344

Cheers Bambatta. Would you have the run by any chance? Fair play for winning!

yup here you are - http://connect.garmin.com/activity/13215352

I didnt press te stop button for a few mins after finishing as i was in a heap on the ground so the time is slightly off.

Thanks again Bambaata.

Was the quarry water very cold and dark?

Pc11, griffin100 and myself. Any other takers for this on Saturday.

What's the targets? Looking at the splits for last year it would seem that all sections are slightly longer than the standard sprint distance.

pc11 wrote: »
    Thanks again Bambaata.

Sorry, just caught your post there now. I don't remember much from the swim in that regard i'm afraid. The bike and run are longer than a usual sprint. The bike it 25k I think and the run is something like 5.3 or 5.4. On my mobile here so can't check my Garmin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭DustyBin

Yeah I'll be there too, last Tri of the year for me and hoping for an alright swim and a strong run to finish off.
    Maybe get around under 1:30.
    What about you?

IIRC yes and yes
    Pc11, griffin100 and myself. Any other takers for this on Saturday.

What's the targets? Looking at the splits for last year it would seem that all sections are slightly longer than the standard sprint distance.

Yes the bike is a bit longer, and its a rolling route. Anything in the high 40 mins will have you well up the field based on last years times.

Last years run was a 3 lap, from what I can see this year is an out and back so it should be quicker (no need to run up that hill at the start 3 times).

Last year that would have out you in the top ten so that'd be a good time. I want to take 3 mins off my swim and bike times for last year so if I do that I'll be happy.

Pity if they have changed the run. I enjoyed that hill.

griffin100 wrote: »
    DustyBin wrote:

Last year that would have out you in the top ten so that'd be a good time. I want to take 3 mins off my swim and bike times for last year so if I do that I'll be happy.

emmmmm :o

Never looked at last years results, guess the 1:30 is very optimistic so :rolleyes:

Thats a tough looking run when you see those results, and surely the swim is a bit long then too if 12:45 is a top 10?

Not looking forward to it so much anymore!!

Guess I'll be doing very well to get around anywhere near 1:35 so, 1:40 is probably more realistic

Thanks for the pep talk :p

• Advertisement

Thanks for the pep talk tongue.gif

You're welcome. I'm sure we can find someone to hold your hand before the race tomorrow if you're really nervous:pac:

griffin100 wrote: »
    You're welcome. I'm sure we can find someone to hold your hand before the race tomorrow if you're really nervous:pac:

How's about I run back to find you after I've finished and hold your hand as you cross the line??? :cool:
    Would look nice in the official photos

Ha ha, see you tomorrow griffin :D

DustyBin wrote: »
    Yeah I'll be there too, last Tri of the year for me and hoping for an alright swim and a strong run to finish off.
    What about you?

I'll be aiming to hit that 1:30 or get mighty close to it. Training hasn't been what it was this last couple weeks tho so we we'll see how we get on on the day. Aim high anyway!

Last race for me at the end of my first season and some major progress made so gotta be happy with that. At the start of the year j was struggling to do 2 lengths of a pool without a breather!!

How'd we all go?

1:24:50 by my watch and relatively happy considering training has been poor this last 3 weeks. Mind already in end of season break mode!!

Any gps data ou there? Run short?

Edit: Not happy about being beaten by a guy in a pink tutu tho!!

I made the run short also. I don't have my watch here but I think it was around 4.74km on my watch.

As per last year a really well run race that's a nice end to a long season.

I had been aiming to take 3 mins off both last years swim and bike times as the courses were the same. I managed to take 3.31 off the swim and 2.32 off the bike so very happy with that. My run was 8 minutes quicker than last year but you cant really compare, as last years course was longer and a lot tougher. Overall a 1.27 which I was very happy with.

Happy with that
    Got around in 1:33 for a finish
    First time doing a lake swim so wasn't expecting the sinky legs but still happy with my time
    Nice Tri, will be looking out for it next year

Advertisement