Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bacardi 151

Options
  • 25-08-2010 10:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭

Hi i am wondering, my Brother got me a Bacardi 151 while he was State side a few months back but since it almost gone can you buy it in Ireland or in Euro Zone?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Redmond's in Ranelagh would be one of the best off-licences in Ireland but I'm not sure if they have it... I'll have a look next time I'm in.

With it being over 70% though, I'm not sure if it'd be on sale here, although that's just conjecture on my part!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

found some website in Germany. which sells it, have to wait till i hear from them about shipping.

its 35euros on that and on some English site its 75 pounds thats dare.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,829 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Sorry to be dragging up an old thread but Cork did you order that? I'm looking for this drink as well, can't find it anywhere!

Hey lads, anyone know where I can get Bacardi 151 rum? Been looking in a few places and can't see any sign of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Beer & Wine & Spirits

dudara

• Advertisement

No, my brother is living in Canada. so he sends me a bottle every now and again..

Saw a site in Germany but wont ship it over as he Stats "It's to cheap & to Strong to ship over!"

Makes no sense to me,, on while he has it on his website on that price! plus down on the bottom of the site ships worldwide.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭irishcrazyhorse

Fraid its not on the irish market! your only bet is order from england

Ah thats a pity, cheers anyway lads. Next time i'm abroad i'll just keep an eye out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 keirDONEGAL

Cork24 wrote: »
    Hi i am wondering, my Brother got me a Bacardi 151 while he was State side a few months back but since it almost gone can you buy it in Ireland or in Euro Zone?

yha man im from donegal been looking 2 get a couple botles seen a site about on google i just typed in buy bacardi 151 and found a site that u can buy make sure u do so through pay pal i ordered 3 was like £56 about €65 each and buy fuk its lethal stuff blows da head of yha thats y i think its not legal in ireland case its 75.5% alcohal 151% proof hope i helped :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

This crowd do it & deliver to Eire : http://www.thedrinkshop.com/

But its expensive.;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭pa990

where do people get the idea that it is illegal ??

anyway.. if you know someone going to amsterdam tell to drop into this place

http://www.tonovermars.nl/distillaten/rum.html

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

pa990 wrote: »
    where do people get the idea that it is illegal ??
    Alcohol has more myths surrounding it than any other subject I can think of, some quite bizarre. People are often pissed when they hear the myth from that Oracle of truth 'The Bloke Down The Pub' and its ingrained in their mind forever.

This myth is not too outlandish and is understandable. Because they do not see high strength in the local offie it seems more believable. Also restrictions are in place in some countries, in the US you often hear of the likes of Everclear (95% vodka) only being sold in some states.

Airlines often have restrictions on high strength stuff as it is more flammable, so again they can put 2 and 2 together and come up with 5, saying 'well the customs in Xland said its illegal to bring here'

Celtic whiskey shop have 90% poitin.

I am surprised high % alcohols are not more popular these days, its more ecofriendly, like how they sell concentrated washing up liquids etc. Most vodkas are originally distilled to over 90% in the first place, and then diluted down.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,864 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

rubadub wrote: »
    People are often pissed when they hear the myth from that Oracle of truth 'The Bloke Down The Pub' and its ingrained in their mind forever.
    There's also the thrill of the illicit: "I got this abroad; it's illegal in Ireland, you know."

theirs no Thrill in it, and people are'nt saying its illegal here,, the point is that you cant get it here but you can buy it any where else.

I now have to sent money over the my brother in Canada via Paypal he buys the drink ships it over here. which is a pain in the balls.

its a strong drink but its very nice with Cola but still can get the strong taste in it.

Their is a drink that is very very hard to get Four Bells, Not Bells drink or the Four Bells extra which you can from Germany i can remember when my Uncle came home from the ships he used to bring a bottle home to the old man, and the old Naval Rule was once a bottle was open you never left the table till the bottle was gone, it was one of the best Rum drinks i have ever tasted coming from a family that was full of Naval Service. its hard to image drinking anything but Rum..

Advertisement