Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reporting dole cheats, Yay or Nah

Options
  • 25-08-2010 11:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

I recently started a thread in PI about reporting a dole cheat. Surprisingly a lot of the responses were very negative. I’m just wondering what the general consensus is. Would you report someone claiming the dole, who also had a job?

Would you report a dole cheat 363 votes

Of course
    0% 1 vote
    No, Im a lousy dole cheat as well
    99% 362 votes
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Poll fail. Stupid options.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

No I personally wouldn't because:
    1) I don't know someones financial circumstances.
    2) I think if someone is defrauding the state then they will eventually get caught all by themselves.
    3) It might annoy me to see someone working & claiming but not enough to get worked up about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

Kinda being a bit judgemental with the 'no' option there...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭mohawk

Depends.
    Do they have a proper job or are they just doing the odd job here and there to keep their heads above water?

The poll sucks :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭BluesBerry

No I probably wouldn't

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

I want to vote for Atari Jaguar, no one puts that in polls anymore. What's the world come to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

Just let them buy the first round of drinks... Triple Jameson please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I'd man up and stop looking for validation from strangers.

Stupid poll as well. Didn't bother with it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

easyeason3 wrote: »
    2) I think if someone is defrauding the state then they will eventually get caught all by themselves.

AHAHAHAHAHA.

Good one. Everyone in a small town could tell you a list of names of people on the dole who are also working except for the local Labour Exchange people.

The couldn't/don't want to find their arse with both hands and a map.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

When I was a young irresponsible lad I would have said go for it.

Now i'm older i can appreciate that a proportion of my day is spent working to earn enough to pay taxes to go to the cheats, and that aint right...

So turn'em in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭evercloserunion

Do I think they should be reported? Yes, a tremendous amount of tax-payers' money goes towards caring for those who genuinely need a break, and to abuse that is truly scummy.

Would I report them? Well, I am extremely lazy. If I saw a lad cheating the system who was still struggling to make ends meet, I wouldn't. But if I saw a lad making a nice cushy life for himself and I thought reporting him would do anything, I would report him no problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Oh piss off with these dole threads

BTW nice balanced poll

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭NoHornJan

To me it's the same as insurance fraud, not paying taxes or overclaiming on expenses and I would class it as theft.

Guess who is paying for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

I want to vote for Atari Jaguar, no one puts that in polls anymore. What's the world come to?

I havent been on boards that long so what is this Atari Jaguar option in polls about? I don't get it at all :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 digitalremote

OP, WOULD YOU FEEL beeter afterwardS?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

NoHornJan wrote: »
    Guess who is paying for it?

What are we not paying for? Seriously, does it even matter anymore?

The baying for blood for the common man is laughable (see the poor sod on the mortgage thread), is it just that we're too weak to stand up for the fcukers who are riding us up the hole, so we pick on the minor misdemeanours?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Far too many ratting threads on boards lately

• Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭The Waltzing Consumer

Bit surprised that no one has mentioned that you can work part-time and claim social welfare. The OP has not said what type of work the guy is doing, so it could be fine. You can work three full days and claim social welfare.

Oh and to answer the question, its none of your business so stay out of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Maybe there shroud be a truth tribunal for welfare fraud reporting. You get to rat on people but they know who did it.

Bit surprised that no one has mentioned that you can work part-time and claim social welfare. The OP has not said what type of work the guy is doing, so it could be fine. You can work three full days and claim social welfare.

If you are operating within the rules you are, by definition, not a welfare cheat, so it wouldn't seem relevant to this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

stovelid wrote: »
    Maybe there shroud be a truth tribunal for welfare fraud reporting. You get to rat on people but they know who did it.

Rats are usually cowards they would not have the balls to go public with their ratting

Rats are usually cowards they would not have the balls to go public with their ratting
    Whereas people who lie and steal from the state are big brave hard men.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

It depends on whether the person is an enemy of mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭sponsoredwalk

I spot a witch, burn her!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

I recently started a thread in PI about reporting a dole cheat. Surprisingly a lot of the responses were very negative. I’m just wondering what the general consensus is. Would you report someone claiming the dole, who also had a job?

ow yes i read that thread of your's.He reported someone because he did not like the person. You got the reply's you did because your a horrible person to do something that vindictive.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Yes, OP are you sure this person is claiming for the full dole or this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

It depends on lots of things. If you are just making a general statement about "should I squeel on someone anytime they break the law" then that would make you a nasty little squeeler.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭I_AmThe_Walrus

Don't be such a spoil sport...

The lads are only having a laugh with Pat Kennys money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Do you know what I hate more than the weekly "dole-cheat" thread?

The f*cking poll options in this one. What a load of complete & utter ****.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Crossection

OP, WOULD YOU FEEL beeter afterwardS?

Yeah, I fell great doing it.

Advertisement