Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reporting dole cheats, Yay or Nah

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭tc2010

Ireland is full of disgusting jealous rats.

Theyll rat out there next door neighbour before they do anything about the government

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Midlander1 wrote: »
    Don't know about you but I went to HSE offices in Tullamore and outside the Community Welfare Officers office were 4 black couples, as they sat there they pretended not to know each other yet they all went away in 2 cars where they were later seen having coffee together in a hotel ( with HSE money no doubt). While at the HSE offices they shouted and were abusive to the officers attending them in order to get what they wanted. One of the black guys works as a merchantiser and is regurarly seen in Dunnes Stores in Tullamore. His wife/partner works as a cleaner and does 5 days a week...again this is not done through the books. Would I report them or Irish people who do this......yes I would and I have and I also supplied evidence and what did welfare do about it...Sweet Fanny Adams.

De blacks joe, they do be taken the money joe, and de wimmin, joe.....

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭PAULWATSON

tc2010 wrote: »

Theyll rat out there next door neighbour before they do anything about the government

About the first decent post I have seen on this forum.

What expense cheating scoundrel are they going to report their neighbour to?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

I sometimes have to skip the dole queue so I'm not late for work!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Yes of course I would report them. Its not only the dole they get but its also the medical cards and at this time of year when the rest of us are forking out a huge amount of money on school books (thats another story) the scabs are getting a nice tidy sum towards their kids books.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Midlander1

MAybe you didn't hear all the news on RTE today. Very soon anyone on the dole will have to Work for Dole so thats going to upset a few of the cheats. How do you work for Dole when you are already doing work on the side. And the best news !!! If you refuse to do the work, your payments will be stopped. About bloody time. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

i reported a person an ex bird :D she was cut off pending investigation and was back on it in over a week even tho the evidence was clearly there and she was allowed back.i doubt they done mucj checking up one easy thing would have been ringing the land lord.
    she was getting rent checks for over 800 a month sent in the post to a house she was supposed to be renting and not paying the land lord and she was living in her ma's gaff but still got away with it untill the land lord after few months changed the locks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭eimearcmh

I probably would report them...depends on who the person is though. I wouldn't land family or friends in though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

BOHtox wrote: »
    I sometimes have to skip the dole queue so I'm not late for work!! tough times
    I sometimes have to skip the dole queue so I'm not late for work!!

If at first the joke fails, I'd give up, cause it's a shít joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Change starts at home :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    If at first the joke fails, I'd give up, cause it's a shít joke.

Just making sure everyone heard it.

Just making sure everyone heard it.
    Why?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭evercloserunion

How the hell can we have a functioning democratic state with this stupid scumbag mentality floating around the place.

Don't like the government -> okay to break the law? You wish, but not the case I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭ArseLtd

Would i report pieces of **** who collect the dole (paid for with tax that i pay) in a bmw who then go deal heroine at the end of the street.

Yes.

I wouldn't turn someone in for just doing the odd nixer, but I would if it was a regular job that pays a decent wage.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭Erica<3

OP you want to report someone you report them, stop looking for someone from boards to reassure you and join your posse...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

ArseLtd wrote: »
    Would i report pieces of **** who collect the dole (paid for with tax that i pay) in a bmw who then go deal heroine at the end of the street.

Yes.

So you know someone is a heroin dealer but you'd report him for claiming the dole rather than for dealing heroin? :confused:

So you know someone is a heroin dealer but you'd report him for claiming the dole rather than for dealing heroin? :confused:
    I have to admit, I lol'd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,567 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

So if you don't like someone stealing your tax money you're a jealous rat?

Gotta say I'm shocked so many people here are happy to turn a blind eye to scum falsely claiming the dole. If you're a tax payer (and surely many of the 'leave them at it' brigade can't be), these people are STEALING YOUR MONEY.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Ronin247

It starts at the bottom,ignoring the "single mum" living in the council flat with her three kids and the father of the three kids who she refused to name when the kids were born so she would get single mothers allowance and a flat.

The neighbour who works a couple of days for cash when he is on the dole.

The (nameless) man who pads out his expense account with false receipts and bogus mileage claims.

The business man who buys some of his stock for cash,doesnt report the sales and fiddles his accounts.

The politician who puts some council work his friends/relatives way.

The politician who puts pressure on the regulator to allow some dodgy dealing in the banks so his buddies in construction can make a few bob.

The politician who sells his countries natural resources for a couple of hundred grand in a swiss bank account.

My question tc2010 is where do you draw the line,would you report any of the above??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

Unsinnig wrote: »
    Hell yes, report the scum!

I work my ass off and pay my taxes. I've no problem with my taxes helping people who need help, but it gets on my man-boobs having to buy ciggies and cans of dutch gold for your man down at the bookies.

I quit smoking and maybe have a drink once a month, because it's just too expensive. Yet, somehow, your man on the dole has oodles of cash to buy cartons of ciggies and cases of budweiser, and has enough left over to piss away on the ponies or the dogs. Report that guy, because he obviously has no intention of bothering earning his keep. The welfare state has bred WAY too many leeches. And we stand for it. Call me a liar. Go on :D
    Liar.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

spider_pig wrote: »
    i reported a person an ex bird :D she was cut off pending investigation and was back on it in over a week even tho the evidence was clearly there and she was allowed back.i doubt they done mucj checking up one easy thing would have been ringing the land lord.
    she was getting rent checks for over 800 a month sent in the post to a house she was supposed to be renting and not paying the land lord and she was living in her ma's gaff but still got away with it untill the land lord after few months changed the locks.
    Oooooh you must be so proud...

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Gaudizeit

I wouldn't turn someone in for just doing the odd nixer, but I would if it was a regular job that pays a decent wage.

nail on the head.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 youngmoney

the solution is obvious ... hire the boyos whov bin on it for years and know all the tricks as welfare officers...= live register numbers down to 7..!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭Slideshowbob

if the rumours are true and certain people fly into ireland to collect dole then head home again - are government going enough about this?

if true - should they be taking more detailed examinations than what appears to be done to date (ie not much)?

is this the thread for this? has it been raised before on boards? i realise its a speculative subject but i have heard it from a number of sources.

also heard during ash cloud grounding of flights - social welfare claims dropped dramatically!!! is this also true???

thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭stateofflux

this is a grey area....i mean the new 'entrepreneur' incentive scheme allows one to claim full dole amount and work fulltime on their chosen entrePreneurial profession....

afaik also one can work part time to a maximum of 3 days pw without JA being withdrawn (i think its reduced to around 160). are they cheats?.. how do you prove someone is working full time....? sit outside their job hiding in a van with a stopwatch and an empty diary?

Obviously 'pro' dole fraudsters' should be reported....but i noticed a few comments from people who didnt seem to know the welfare rules eg. that you can work part time and claim ..and might report an honest hard working individual and ruin their life......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

I heard through the grapevine that Brian Cowens old mother is out on the sick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

Report them if they're cheating.

Why let leeches suck the country dry.

Name and shame them.

Also offer rewards to people who turn in a leech.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Pookah

old_aussie wrote: »

Name and shame them.

Or just pour some salt on them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Daisy Steiner

old_aussie wrote: »

Name and shame them.

The point is . . . how do you know for a fact that they are cheating?
    As numerous people have pointed out there are several ways to be working and drawing a benefit whether it be through back to work allowance/ part-time/ back to education etc.

And I'd love to know where you think the reward money would come from?

And why is someone half a world away throwing such emotive arguments into an Irish problem?

Advertisement