Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

konus scopes

Options
  • 25-08-2010 11:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

just looking at some konus scopes today, anyone have any experience with them or anyone know if there good or bad???
    thanks..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

just looking at some konus scopes today, anyone have any experience with them or anyone know if there good or bad???
    thanks..

Sir, you get what you pay for.

tac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 buck hunter

tac foley wrote: »
    Sir, you get what you pay for.

tac

could you be more specific, because i was quoted over 600 euro for one....

Sir - the top of the range Konus scope that I can find on the internet is an 8-32 with a built-in level bubble. It sells for around $500 or so.

That is pretty much at the lower middle end of 30mm zooming scopes with all the doo-dads, especially when you consider what a scope has to deal with in the RoI - near endless rain and often bleak or overcast conditions even at mid-day are pretty standard, unless there has been a drastic change in the weather since I was last over.

Many of us here have one or more scopes that cost a deal more than what is hanging underneath them, so which scope you get is more a matter of having a look through the one that takes your fancy before putting your $$$ down.

Well-established makes tend to dominate the reviews, and I'm not saying that the Konus product is either good or bad - simply that my original statement is true. The more you pay, usually the better the product is - there are no free lunches in scopes, just like in cars or watches.

tac

i understand what you mean tac, might buy a smidth and bender, for a little bit extra at least ill know what im getting....

also another thing, we seem to be getting ripped off over here for scopes. 500 dollars and 600 euro is enough when your talking about the same scope..

• Advertisement

also another thing, we seem to be getting ripped off over here for scopes. 500 dollars and 600 euro is enough when your talking about the same scope..

You note this as though it's something new! With your import levies and 21% VAT, plus dealer mark-up and so on, it sounds like you are getting something of a steal at 'only' 600eu. :=O

tac

tac foley wrote: »
    You note this as though it's something new! With your import levies and 21% VAT, plus dealer mark-up and so on, it sounds like you are getting something of a steal at 'only' 600eu. :=O

tac

probably is a good deal for here, just saying you would get better value if you could buy direct. might steer clear of them anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭kay 9

Advertisement