Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chicks C&C

• 25-08-2010 11:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭

I've been trying a few new things over the summer, but now I've gotten back to an area I'm fairly comfortable with, animal photography - and before anyone points it out, I know that Chickens aren't technically animals :D

Here are 3 of my latest offerings. As this is an area I've been working on for a while, I'd like if I could get some critical feedback, brutal would be good! Thanks.

02C965D0CF0547C8BADCED83E0447A15-0000314495-0001876395-00500L-73F2D49D46584116982C7945B29F6EBA.jpg

FED13944830A42AE8C942FE19592D5C4-0000314495-0001869154-00500L-A22F7BECB9B244DDB088CD8D1ABB4659.jpg

0443D89079F24C8EAABDAB5A04AF366C-0000314495-0001876399-00500L-CFCC3A7B6F284D019D84458BA969E135.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

I like them , Id suggest they might be a bit harsh and would think that softening them up a little might be nice .... the impulse to caption them is pretty string :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,703 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

Trev M wrote: »
    would think that softening them up a little might be nice ....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meat_tenderizer

NSFAR

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭K_user

I was waiting for the KFC jokes! :p

Trev M wrote: »
    I like them , Id suggest they might be a bit harsh and would think that softening them up a little might be nice .... the impulse to caption them is pretty string :D
    Thanks, I was pushing the high contrast look - some of my results in the past have had tinged backgrounds, or washed out feather colours, really wanted to avoid those this time around - there is only a small window for this sort of thing.

They do have to be captioned though :D Its almost irresistible! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 716 ✭✭✭squareballoon

The photos are great! Nice focus and captures. It bothers me that the shadows aren't real though and that there's banding from processing in the background. Did you have to do a lot of lightening behind them?

• Advertisement

Thanks squareballoon.

Would you believe that those shadows are real? They aren't huge creatures so their shadows are fairly small. :D

I had a two light set up, one in front as a main light, another above and slightly behind. A continuous white background and paper waiting to clean up the mess that they dropped on occasion! :p I have made the mistake of not having enough light in the past, so this time I wasn't leaving things to chance.

The banding is an issue though, it was one of the things I hoped someone might mention. I only see it when I tilt my head to the far left or right. But I'm curious to know how it looks on other peoples screens.

In the samples I've printed, #1 and #2 , on my machine, its fine though. The background isn't pure white, but you'd only notice if there was a pure white border.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 716 ✭✭✭squareballoon

K_user wrote: »
    Thanks squareballoon.
    Would you believe that those shadows are real? They aren't huge creatures so their shadows are fairly small. :D
    wow I was sure because they were so light that they were added.:) The banding may be a problem on another printer but if it's ok on yours it may be fine.

Advertisement