Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Marantz/flash recorder

• 25-08-2010 11:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

Can anyone tell me where I could buy a marantz/flash recorder? I want to start doing freelance radio documentaries so I need it to be suitable for radio broadcasting.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭giftgrub

The Zoom H2 is pretty good

http://www.zoom.co.jp/english/products/h2/

h2_01.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 140 ✭✭nessymon

The Zoom HN4 is good, you can plug xlrs into it... you can get them from thomann.de but musictechnology.ie stock what seems a thomann catalogue

Find what you want on Thomann then email MusicTechnology and get a quote

I've used them, reliable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Rockiemalt

I've found a zoom h2 works well if you use a powered mic with it. I use mine with an beyer mce58. Fantastic mic. I've found if you use it with the gain on high and a lower recording level it works better than low gain and a high recording level.
    Saying all that my minidisc still sounds nicer than my zoom With the same mic but they are much more expensive. The new USB minidiscs do all the same easy transferees as any flash recorder.

Advertisement