Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tikka T3 Problem

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

tac foley wrote: »
    [To err is human, but to AAAAARRRRGGGhhhh is to be a pirate]

That's a good one, I'm robbing that for future use :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

Vegeta wrote: »
    That's a good one, I'm robbing that for future use :D

Sir, you are very welcome. := )

tac

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

Slightly OT, but an example of my late father's sense of humour. Before the last world war, it seems that he was employed by a man in Skibereen to take american tourists around Co Cork in a charabanc, and to show them the many wondrous and ancient sites for which that fine county is justly famed, including the Drumbeg Stone Circle near Skibereen.

As they piled out of the vehicle, looking around them in awe at the ages-old monuments, he would regale them with stories of the fairy folk who put up the stones around their king's grave, all those thousands of years ago, in the time of the Tuatha De Danann.

He, posing near the centre grave, would throw his arms out and proclaim that 'this structure, much as you see it today, was put up two thousand or even three thousand years before Christ walked the earth! Show me a building, put up in your own time, that has lasted half as long as this one!'

I miss him every day of my life.

tac

Advertisement