Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FAS Course payments

• 26-08-2010 12:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭

I am currently in receipt of JSA , I have seen a FAS course I would like to do - am I correct in saying that if I do this course my JSA amount will not alter and the only difference is that it will be paid by FAS rather than Social Welfare ?
    Another question : If I get this course I will have a lot of travel to get to it - is there some sort of transport allowance to help with these costs and if so , how much is it ?

Replies will be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭bongi69

The answer is yes to both. Fas will match your current benefits and will provide a travel allowance depending on the distance you have to travel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,972 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

If you need to travel more than 30 miles away you will get an accommodation allowance instead of travel allowance. Accommodation allowance is €69.90 and travel allowance is per mile up to a maximum distance. It should be on the Fas website somewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

If you need to travel more than 30 miles away you will get an accommodation allowance instead of travel allowance. Accommodation allowance is €69.90 and travel allowance is per mile up to a maximum distance. It should be on the Fas website somewhere.

Living away is not feasible for me for a couple of reasons - can the accomodation allowance be used for travel or is it strictly for rent ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,972 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

No they just give you the money with your allowance once you live outside the distance, what you use it for is up to you.

Advertisement