Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slo mo tattooing

Options
  • 26-08-2010 1:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭

I just saw this and thought it was pretty cool :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Wierdly, it looks like it's bouncing off the skin rather than piercing it... :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

I'm watching that going......

"ow.....ow.....ow.....ow....ow....ow.....ow.....ow...."

'cept it's in slow mo. But it looks amazing though! What would the average RPM (or PPM - pr!cks per minute) of a tattoo gun be? I've heard that it's 1500. But that could just be bull.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

When I got my first tattoo I swore I could see my skin bouncing up and down.. or vibrating, I thought I was just imagining it, now I know I wasnt :cool:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

chin_grin wrote: »

'cept it's in slow mo. But it looks amazing though! What would the average RPM (or PPM - pr!cks per minute) of a tattoo gun be? I've heard that it's 1500. But that could just be bull.

It depends on the setup but it could be as high as 3000-4000 pricks per minute @ 130 cycles per second--machine is only in the skin for roughly half that cycle so you get 130/2=65x60(secs)=3900.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Hellrazer wrote: »
    It depends on the setup but it could be as high as 3000-4000 pricks per minute @ 130 cycles per second--machine is only in the skin for roughly half that cycle so you get 130/2=65x60(secs)=3900.

And dya know why that's impressive? Cos there's a formula! Thanks for quenching the curiosity. Eh, ah you know what I mean.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

That's seriously cool..thanks for that!

Advertisement