Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom to UPC Questions

• 26-08-2010 2:13am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭

I thinking of going to UPC after getting charged by Eircom for going through my cap. A few questions;

1) As I play games online, does UPC generally give good pings? I'm getting 35-45 atm.

2) As UPC comes through cable, can I order UPC and use Eircom up until the UPC is up and running, i.e have them overlap (I don't want to be without service in case it's a few weeks to get UPC tec out).

3) Is the phone service ok – quality wise? Is it easy to port over current number (how long does it take)?

4) What's the router that comes with UPC – is it any good (should I buy another)? Do you get a router/modem (remember a friend getting both a few years back).

So many questions – thanks for any replies.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭johndoe99

I'm with UPC and play Modern Warfare 2 and get a ping of 40 (Waterford).

When I switched to UPC 4 years ago they had a technician out in 3 days.

Seen as the UPC Cable is not in anyway connected to the phone line you should be able to continue with Eircom.

I never went with the UPC phone, i make few calls and my mobile is enough.

If you order 15meg or above you get a free router, i dont use it though, i have a standard modem connected. Got the modem when i first applied, after i was upgraded to 15meg i requested the free router but never used it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Good to hear, thanks. Anyone got ideas on the router? I get a better one then the default if people think it's worth doing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,876 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

nah the default is grand. why do you need a more advanced one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

nah the default is grand. why do you need a more advanced one?
    My partner uses her computer through wifi at the other end of the house – want to be sure the signal will be strong enough to get through.

Advertisement