Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FAI Cup 2010, 4th Round, 27 Aug

• 26-08-2010 8:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭

Cork City 19:45 Monaghan United
    Bohemians 19:45 Shelbourne
    Galway United 19:45 Salthill Devon
    UCD 19:45 Bray Wanderers
    St. Patrick's Athletic 19:45 Belgrove
    Sporting Fingal 19:45 Limerick
    Longford Town 20:00 Shamrock Rovers
    Finn Harps 20:00 Sligo Rovers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

I dunno with out current form if we can get by Shels, if we were to win it will be scraped 1 nil or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Im expecting a tough game against Limerick. looking forward to it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

I would previously thought Shels would give a really good account of themselves, but my confidence is shot in them after Limerick.

Longford...*sigh*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

49 years and counting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Bohs -v- Shels highlight of the round, hopefully a good crowd of us and a good game.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Hope we beat Finn Harps convincingly. We have a few players out but nonetheless it should be a simple victory, about 2 or 3 nil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Should be a good crowd in the Cross for the Monaghan game.

There is not much between the sides on earlier meetings. Hopefully we make home advantage count.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Would love to see the Shels no 9 have a career ending injury.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

bohsman wrote: »

Harsh!

Handy win for us, two nil without them having a shot on goal.

Mons away in the next round hopefully! :D

• Advertisement

Harsh!

He blasted the ball into the crowd from the touchline after the whistle had gone, was going straight for my head, swerved away at the last second. He got booked for it at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

He blasted the ball into the crowd from the touchline after the whistle had gone, was going straight for my head, swerved away at the last second. He got booked for it at least.

LOL :D

Not so harsh then!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Anyway results & scorers were:

Bohemians 1 - 0 Shelbourne
    Paddy Madden 22

Cork City Foras Co-op 0 - 1 Monaghan United
    Philip Hughes 51

Galway United 1 - 1 Salthill Devon
    Jason Molloy 83 Chiprian Straut 83

St. Patrick's Athletic 2 - 0 Belgrove
    Derek Doyle 26
    Ian Bermingham 45

UCD 2 - 3 Bray Wanderers
    Ciaran Kilduff 83, 85 Shane O'Neill 10
    Jake Kelly 54, 68

Sporting Fingal 2 - 2 Limerick
    Ronan Finn 4 Pat Purcell 49
    Conan Byrne 19 Stephen O'Flynn 90 +

Finn Harps 0 - 1 Sligo Rovers
    Alan Keane 15 pen

Longford Town 1 - 2 Shamrock Rovers
    John Lester 79 Chris Deans OG 54
    Billy Dennehy 71

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,622 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Hahaha please tell me you weren't the lad in the yellow jersey who legged it down to have a go.

CSF wrote: »
    Hahaha please tell me you weren't the lad in the yellow jersey who legged it down to have a go.

Nope, saw it coming, ducked and then tried to figure out how it had missed.

On the match, comfortable enough, Shels looked a bit dangerous on the long ball in the 2nd half but never troubled O'Connor, would still be happy enough with the performance if I was a Shels fan. How has Hughes been getting on?

On the match, comfortable enough, Shels looked a bit dangerous on the long ball in the 2nd half but never troubled O'Connor, would still be happy enough with the performance if I was a Shels fan. How has Hughes been getting on?
    Yeah happy with that. Hughes hasn't done great to be honest. Would imagine he'll be with us next season if we don't go up. Doubt he'll be with either of us if we go up and you don't get relegated by the FAI.

Who the **** was that player who injured Jason Byrne? Terrible challenge, looks like he could of broken a bone.

As usual we made it hard on ourselves, but a win is a win :pac:

Decent crowd too.

I think Mark Hughes is struggling to fill the boots of Paddy Madden when he was with yous last season? I dunno though.

frantic190 wrote: »
    Who the **** was that player who injured Jason Byrne? Terrible challenge, looks like he could of broken a bone.

As usual we made it hard on ourselves, but a win is a win :pac:

Decent crowd too.

I think Mark Hughes is struggling to fill the boots of Paddy Madden when he was with yous last season? I dunno though.
    Hughes is struggling to fill his own shoes to be honest.

I thought we deserved the draw, both teams performances were muck imo.
    Decent crowd too.

Well I thought our away support was decent, but by god from the Des Kelly it looked no more than 1,000 max in the Jodi, adding in the Shels fans down the far end.

Well I thought our away support was decent, but by god from the Des Kelly it looked no more than 1,000 max in the Jodi, adding in the Shels fans down the far end.

As I said, decent crowd :pac: We got 600 maybe 800 at a push at our last home match.

10 mins into the Bray game last Tuesday (It being Bray and it being a tuesday didn't really help though.

jodi.jpg

• Advertisement

As I said, decent crowd :pac: We got 600 at our last home match.

Well comparing to that it was brilliant, 900 Bohs, 300 Shels would have been my guesses.

Still see the aul BSC and BSS are around these days!:rolleyes:

Bohs vs. Shels post-match

Extratime reporter Frankie Lally speaks to Shels boss Alan Mathews and Bohs goal scorer Paddy Madden after the 1-0 victory for Bohs in the FAI Cup. Filmed by Peter O'Doherty

"The most important thing is the football club".
    Pat Fenlon gives Andy Donlan his thoughts on advancing to the FAI Cup quarter final, after the 1-0 FAI Cup victory at home to Shelbourne.
    He also looks ahead to the title run in and fills us in on Jason Byrne and Raffaele Cretaro's injury problems.

Camera and production: Alan McLoughlin

Match report:
    http://www.extratime.ie/fixtures/detail/12365/2/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Wasn't there myself but judging by lads who were there Rovers v Harps was a scrappy affair. Just happy to be in the next round and looking forward to the draw monday. 1500 at the match with 1000 Rovers fans, which is a great away crowd to bring and hope for the same if the next game is away.

http://sportsfile.com/id/455294/

Highlights of the match:
    http://vimeo.com/14506170

Advertisement