Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

what drink to bring?

• 26-08-2010 8:21am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,731 ✭✭✭✭

I normally just being water when I go for a cycle, but on my next one I will be heading out early so I wont have had breakfast but I will bring some food with me. I was thinking of bringing 2 bottles half water / half apple juice. Should that be enough, is there any advantage ot adding something to the mix, sugar for instance?

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 96 ✭✭kenmac

Have a raspberry and mango breakfast smoothie before you go, easy to digest and really tasty.

1 ripe mango, peeled and stoned
    160g frozen raspberries
    450ml skimmed/low fat milk
    3 tbsp porridge oats
    2 tbsp honey

whack it all in the blender, pulse till smooth, drink, hop on bike, off ya go.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,731 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

kenmac wrote: »
    Have a raspberry and mango breakfast smoothie before you go, easy to digest and really tasty.

160g frozen raspberries
    3 tbsp porridge oats
    2 tbsp honey

whack it all in the blender, pulse till smooth, drink, hop on bike, off ya go.....

I'll try that , sounds great!

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 150 ✭✭jeffwode

I know I'm going to sound like your mammy but don't even think of going out for a spin without your breakfast. Your blood sugar will crash after about 30 mins if you go out on an empty stomach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭markcroninbsc

nothin wrong witha bit of cardio before breakfast i thought? i used to go out last year before work for an hour around 6ish, thats too early to have breakfast. if i ate anythin i just ended up nearly pukin it up anyway.

thanks, I'll be heading about 6am, hope to be back by 9am , A good dinner the night before and the shake in the morning should be enough to get started. tbh I've never noticed being so sensitive to what I have or havent eaten but then again I've tended to be more interested in building distance rather then speed so I probably dont go fast enough to crash. I do remember once thinking for the last hour about the porridge and cream I was going to eat when I got home, so that may have been it, but by then it was the downhill part :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

kenmac wrote: »

160g frozen raspberries
    3 tbsp porridge oats
    2 tbsp honey

can u make this the night before or does it have to be blended in the morning?

keane=cock wrote: »
    can u make this the night before or does it have to be blended in the morning?

I made it on the day but see no reason why not the night before. I'm thinking of bringing some on the next outing so am going to make it the night before and put them in sealed containers.

I amended the receipe and swapped the mango out for banana. the frozen fruit is a good idea, gives it a nice kick and chills the drink down.

silverharp wrote: »
    I made it on the day but see no reason why not the night before. I'm thinking of bringing some on the next outing so am going to make it the night before and put them in sealed containers.

I amended the receipe and swapped the mango out for banana. the frozen fruit is a good idea, gives it a nice kick and chills the drink down.

just one banana or how many?

wanna try out a few recepies so if anyone has any post them up n ill let u know what i make of them! thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 96 ✭✭kenmac

It tends to separate a bit if you leave it for a while but a stir brings it back to normal......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

put them in sealed containers.

Preferably full to the brim. Any air above the smoothie tends to start it oxidising and tasting bad.

• Advertisement

keane=cock wrote: »
    just one banana or how many?

wanna try out a few recepies so if anyone has any post them up n ill let u know what i make of them! thanks

just one banana last week. its flexible, you can add wheat germ , nuts. The logic I guess is to the get the instant hit from the honey and fruit and then the benefit of the slower release oats.

just one banana last week. its flexible, you can add wheat germ , nuts. The logic I guess is to the get the instant hit from the honey and fruit and then the benefit of the slower release oats.

sounds tasty!! mmm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,069 ✭✭✭✭neris

Bottle of water with glucose powder and a bit of cordial for flavour. Give you energy aswell

Advertisement