Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Top 10 one lines from this year's Edinburgh Festival

Options
  • 26-08-2010 9:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,310 ✭✭✭

1) Tim Vine "I've just been on a once-in-a-lifetime holiday. I'll tell you what, never again."

2) David Gibson "I'm currently dating a couple of anorexics. Two birds, one stone."

3) Emo Philips "I picked up a hitch hiker. You've got to when you hit them."

4) Jack Whitehall "I bought one of those anti-bullying wristbands when they first came out. I say 'bought', I actually stole it off a short, fat ginger kid."

5) Gary Delaney "As a kid I was made to walk the plank. We couldn't afford a dog."

6) John Bishop
    "Being an England supporter is like being the over-optimistic parents of the fat kid on sports day."

7) Bo Burnham "What do you call a kid with no arms and an eyepatch? Names."

8) Gary Delaney "Dave drowned. So at the funeral we got him a wreath in the shape of a lifebelt. Well, it's what he would have wanted."

9) Robert White
    "For Vanessa Feltz, life is like a box of chocolates: Empty."

10) Gareth Richards
    "Wooden spoons are great. You can either use them to prepare food. Or, if you can't be bothered with that, just write a number on one and walk into a pub…"

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

That winning line is crap! And I swear I've heard it before somewhere...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

Brilliant!!

can't wait to catch on the tv soon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,310 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

I just opened my wheelie bin and a wasp flew out.

What kind of sick fecker would throw a wasp in a bin?

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users Posts: 7,575 ✭✭✭patmac

phasers wrote: »
    That winning line is crap! And I swear I've heard it before somewhere...
    Have you ever been to Edinburgh?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 351 ✭✭ron_darrell

I'm probably being really dense but I don't get this one at all :)
    10) Gareth Richards "Wooden spoons are great. You can either use them to prepare food. Or, if you can't be bothered with that, just write a number on one and walk into a pub…"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭MarkFairman

You write how many pints you want on the spoon and just hold it up at the bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭actuallylike

You write how many pints you want on the spoon and just hold it up at the bar.
    Don't think it's that? I'm pretty sure (in England) when you order food in a pub, they give you a wooden spoon with a number on it so they know where to bring the food. Free food if you bring your own.

I wasnt being serious :rolleyes:

Thank you Captain Obvious! Once again you have saved the day!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭actuallylike

I wasnt being serious :rolleyes:

Thank you Captain Obvious! Once again you have saved the day!
    I see you're able to use the sarcastic smilie, maybe you should use it when you're been sarcastic. Sarcasm doesn't transcribe well on an internet forum. Work on that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

im working on perfecting sarcasm tags. <sarcasm></sarcasm> just doesnt seem to be easy enough!

Apparently saying what im typing in a sarcastic voice wasnt working either

• Advertisement

Apparently saying what im typing in a sarcastic voice wasnt working either

I have come across a similar issue. I have tried typing and using air "quotes", this also does not seem to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭neil_hosey

you dont seriously think that would work do you??..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

neil_hosey wrote: »
    you dont seriously think that would work do you??..

You might need to look up the word 'joke' in the dictionary.

Advertisement