Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tiling Kitchen

Options
  • 26-08-2010 9:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭

I'm pretty new to tiling (only ever done floor of my porch, which was only about 70% good), i'm gonna have a go at the cooking area in my kitchen.

I just have one question, when the tiles are up (and the seperators are in), how long should I wait before putting the 'grout' in.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

johndoe99 wrote: »
    I'm pretty new to tiling (only ever done floor of my porch, which was only about 70% good), i'm gonna have a go at the cooking area in my kitchen.

I just have one question, when the tiles are up (and the seperators are in), how long should I wait before putting the 'grout' in.

Thanks

If you use buckets over night if you use rapid flex a couple of hours.

If your using white grout it might be worth sealing

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭King Mallie

If it wall tiling your doing and you are using spacers. You can pretty much grout it straight away. This is what most tilers do and there is never an issue with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭BOND747

Id leave it over night before grouting

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

If it wall tiling your doing and you are using spacers. You can pretty much grout it straight away. This is what most tilers do and there is never an issue with it.

Most tilers that grot straight away use rapid flex setting adhesive. Those that dont.... Well there is a name for them.

I said if you use rapid flex you can grout after a couple of hours.

Advertisement