Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thuumbs down button

• 26-08-2010 9:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭

Maybe this has been asked before, not so sure where I could ask or make this request. So to gauge all the fellow boardsies.

What do ye think of having a thumbs down option for some of the posts made on this site?

Cos I dont know about ye but I read a lot of whacky racist, cruel stuff on this site and it would be nice to give them my opinion without dealing with a crazy person :D

At the same time the thumbs up button is quite cool when you read posts like Ottostreets the other day.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

If there was one, I'd give this thread a blah blah blah, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

If there was a thumbs down button, I would use it now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

I'd say it would get the same reaction as me asking if posters would like their sex to be known by either a blue (male) or pink (female) button under their username.

Prepare to be destroyed OP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

We should have "Ultimate Boards.ie"

If you get a thumps down....you die

If you get a thumps up.....you un-die

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Brendog wrote: »
    We should have "Ultimate Boards.ie"

If you get a thumps down....you die

If you get a thumps up.....you un-die

Or a tamer version called "Danger Post"

If you post and it gets a certain % of thumbs down of the total amount of views it got then you get a 3 day ban. This ban increases with each one you get and you can reset it by making a post that gets a load of thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

Na, a "that's what she said" button is the way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭ShadowGal

you wouldnt hear any funny replies any more if there was a thumbs down. it'd be thumbs up thumbs down and no chat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I wish i had more hands, to give this idea 4 thumbs down!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

padma wrote: »
    and it would be nice to give them my opinion without dealing with a crazy person :D

As in put down their post without even bothering to formulate an intelligent - or even funny - response?

To be honest, I'd rather a site stuffed with people I hated/disagreed with that expressed themselves instead of some cowardly click-game to see who could rack up the most no-thanks against people they didn't like.

If you search for this topic in feedback, you'll see lots of arguments for and against, btw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,412 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

It would probably scare away a lot of the AH regulars

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Hasmunch

I wish i had more hands, to give this idea 4 thumbs down!

Why not just give it four paws down... you have four of them!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭padma

ShadowGal wrote: »
    you wouldnt hear any funny replies any more if there was a thumbs down. it'd be thumbs up thumbs down and no chat

In a way, very true. From a different angle, knwing the amount of thumbs up and thumbs down a certain controversial post gets would give everyone an idea of the percentage of people who agree or dont agree with certain posts, thus giving people a fair view of the mentality of Boards members in general.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Hasmunch wrote: »
    Why not just give it four paws down... you have four of them!!

They'll get chopped off for use in black-market aphrodisiacs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

No thumbs down please, my posts would be destroyed with it!!!

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Or a tamer version called "Danger Post"

If you post and it gets a certain % of thumbs down of the total amount of views it got then you get a 3 day ban. This ban increases with each one you get and you can reset it by making a post that gets a load of thanks

Hope your listening Admins....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

Na, a "that's what she said" button is the way to go.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

padma wrote: »
    Maybe this has been asked before, not so sure where I could ask or make this request.

Feedback section

Although you'll probably get bigger reasons for not going to happen...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

Failed Karma system was Failed.

kfallon wrote: »
    No thumbs down please, my posts would be destroyed with it!!!

THE GAME
    _________
    | .(______)
    | .(______)
    | .(______)
    | .(______)
    | ../
    | .|
    |_/
    YOU LOST IT

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

As others have said Feedback would be the correct place for this discussion.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement