Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electronic and mechanical components sellers for DIY projects

• 26-08-2010 9:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hello

I am electronics amateur and 3 week ago I came in Dublin. I dont know Dublin.

Where can I found electronics components in this nice city?

I am looking for microcontroller (ARM, TI familiy DSP ), 74XX and CD40XX series IC, resistors, capacitors ... etc.

Also I interested by home made cnc. I need stepper motors and mechanical parts. (Linear guides, ball screw..etc)

Best regards.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭studdlymurphy

www.Farnell.com
    www.radionics.ie
    or if your in a rush and want to get robbed maplin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

or if your in a rush and want to get robbed maplin

or if you know exactly what you want and where they keep it in the shop try Peats in Parnell Street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Bunalmis

I interested by http://elm-chan.org/works/vlp/report_e.html project.

ldm.jpeg

Can I find this laser unit in Dublin? Which shop sell this ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭tmcw

I was in the same boat as the OP (looking for components, and this thread came up in a search), and found that it would be cheaper to order them from an eBay seller in the UK and have them shipped here, rather than driving 20-odd km to Maplin and incurring petrol and M50 charges, or taking the LUAS into the RS shop or Peats.

Of course, that's just me; OP might live closer to the electronics shops than myself, may need high cost items, or may have other business close to the electronics shops to make the journey worthwhile.

Just another option.

I did have a look at Farnell, but there was something like a €7.50 min delivery charge, IIRC.

Advertisement