Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second hand car parts

• 26-08-2010 9:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭

Where can you get second hand parts in limerick?im looking for a second hand engine.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Bob Sweeney's scrap yard in Castleconnel might be worth a shout. Huge amount of cars up there.
    DIRECTIONS: Drive out Dublin rd until you get to Daly's Cross, take a left, continue out this road for approx a mile, you will pass under an over bridge, just after this take a right, Sweeney's is about 1/2 a mile up this road on the right.

Bob Sweeney,
    TA Auto Towing Coolready,
    Castleconnell,
    Co. Limerick,
    Tel: 061-377496, 087-2564408,
    Fax: 061-377373

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,333 ✭✭✭dunworth1

I hate to drag up old threads but anyways

how exactly does bob sweenys work
    do you go out and ask for the part or do you go looking yourself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,755 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

dunworth1 wrote: »
    I hate to drag up old threads but anyways

how exactly does bob sweenys work
    do you go out and ask for the part or do you go looking yourself

Ring them up and ask them if they have the specified part needed, also you should add what make, model, engine and the year of the car. If they're unsure they'll ask you to call them back in 20 mins whilst they check. If they have, head out and collect. You definately won't be let out into the yard to go rooting!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

Ring them up and ask them if they have the specified part needed, also you should add what make, model, engine and the year of the car. If they're unsure they'll ask you to call them back in 20 mins whilst they check. If they have, head out and collect. You definately won't be let out into the yard to go rooting!

Used to love it when they let you wander in the yard, not to rob, just to see all the crashed cars!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,333 ✭✭✭dunworth1

cool thanks

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

They will still let you go with the lads who are removing the parts, if you ask. Particularly if you are looking for say a trim part or something.

There's another crowd called autobreak

Also, try www.partfinder.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,278 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

MarkR wrote: »
    They will still let you go with the lads who are removing the parts, if you ask. Particularly if you are looking for say a trim part or something.

Also, try www.partfinder.ie[/QUOTE]

Are you sure about that as new regulations were brought in recently around health and safety of members of the public wondering around scrap yards where they could injure themselves. Most scrap dealers will not let you in these days but will bring the part to you at the front gate.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭ABlur

David O' Riordan dismantlers in Scart Ballyneety are good too.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

bazz26 wrote: »
    MarkR wrote: »

Also, try www.partfinder.ie[/QUOTE]

Are you sure about that as new regulations were brought in recently around health and safety of members of the public wondering around scrap yards where they could injure themselves. Most scrap dealers will not let you in these days but will bring the part to you at the front gate.

Last year I needed to get some dash pieces and gear surround for my Avensis. There are several different colours, so they let me got out with them to select the right one. I wasn't working on the cars, biggest danger was muddy feet! I was always with a member of staff, and wasn't doing any handling myself, so perhaps that's why.

Advertisement