Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost teeth.

Options
  • 26-08-2010 10:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 46,168 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

I have a 6 month old Jack Russell and over the last couple of weeks I have found 2 of her teeth in the house. She may have lost more outdoors as that's where she spends most of her time.

Anyhow, is this normal?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭morganafay

I think they lose their baby teeth the way people do. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭kildara

Perfectly normal. She's losing her puppy teeth, happens to 'em all, just the time varies with breed.

Makes you wonder where the rest of them go cos I never found any belonging to our girl and she was kept inside...

• Registered Users Posts: 46,168 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Thanks folks. I was getting a little worried as I asked a couple of friends/neighbours and none of us knew if they had baby teeth or not.

No doubt if I checked around the washing line Id probably find another few :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

It's normal OP - time to get some hard chews/ice etc for the puppy to gnaw on! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 46,168 ✭✭✭✭muffler

tk123 wrote: »
    time to get some hard chews/ice etc for the puppy to gnaw on! :D
    By the time she's finished with the shed door and frame I'd be hoping she wont need anything else :D

She does have loads of wee bits and bobs to chew on - even a little teething ring for dogs that we got in a pet store.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

You're "lucky" to find them OP..most dogs swallow them before you even realise theyre losing their puppy teeth.

Advertisement