Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doctor visit?

Options
  • 26-08-2010 10:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

hi everyone. Im new to this site. We have decided its time to start a family? im just wondering is it necessary to visit a doctor before i ttc? we are both healthy and i have been taking my folic acid.:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

Its not necessary but would you take your car on a long journey without getting it serviced or at least checking the oil, water and tyres??

TTC, pregnancy, birth and beyond is a long journey, and it never hurts just to be given the all clear from your GP. If nothing else your GP may just be able to advise you about lifestyle changes that could help in the TTC process.

Also, are you up to date with your smear tests? It never hurts to have that done before you start TTC.

Hope this helps and good luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 wally81

you obviously have not seen my car:p
    thanks for the reply, i will def make an appointment.

Advertisement