Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Msc Thesis Interviews Question

Options
  • 26-08-2010 10:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

So I had to interview elites from ten fairly prominent companies in Dublin with relation to my thesis. My prof suggested a good hadnful of these specifically.

My question is, when writing up about them do I name the company and or the person I interviewed within the company? Or do I have to leave them anonomous?
    Read something in a qualitative methodolgy book yesterday and it said I have to keep them all anonomous? Is this true or only for sensitive data? Im not quite sure how "sensitive" my data is! The issue of being named and shamed so to speak was never broached in my interviews! Guess I should have asked them but it never occured to me.

Please don't suggest I email my supervisor, im avoiding her like the plague til my draft is in next week!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 thesis.direct

Generally, this should have been the first thing at the start of the interview...how you deal with the interview content.

It would be best to send the interviewee a copy of the transcript/part of the transcript/quote form the transcript and ask if they are happy to have it attributed to them or if they would prefer to remain anonymous.

If you are running short on time consider instead the content. It is content that would like embarrass the interviewee, is it commercially sensitive etc... If yes, go the anon route.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

Thanks for your response. Also, is it common practice to include the interview transcripts in an appendix somewhere in the thesis?

Advertisement