Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lets running! がんばります!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Tristram

Monday: Steps
    Tuesday: 5k at a nice steady pace, did some speed work afterwards. Will be sore tomorrow! :)

Wednesday: 7k today. Very pleased. Slow and steady.

Thursday: Nice 8k. Slow first 3, bit faster next two, fast 500 metres, slow 1k, brisk enough 1.5k.

Sunday was the day of the race. Had been sick since for the week before and wasn't feeling the best that morning. Knew I'd regret it if I didn't at least give it a go. Decided to go very slow to make sure I could finish without stopping. Did the first 5k at a snails pace and was feeling pretty comfortable. At 8k I knew I would be able to finish no bother so picked it up. Belted home the last kilometre. Must have looked a bit strange! :D Finished just under an hour. Slow time I know but I was just delighted to finish! I reckon I could easily knock a huge chunk off that time.

Going to sign up for a run in March that will give me something to work towards again. Also thinking I'd like to do something when I'm back in Ireland for Christmas. Are there any fun runs taking place between December 19th-January 3rd in the Dublin/Kildare area?

K, wow. Went completely off the rails after the race. Yesterday was the first time I did a single jot of exercise since then. Disgraceful carry on! :D Going to try get out as much as possible before heading back home for Christmas.

New target: 5k in under 20 minutes.

Edit: I have absolutely no idea what I currently do 5k in :D Must find out! :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement