Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom wireless router (moved from "open source")

Options
  • 25-08-2010 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

I have eircom broadband at home and have just been given a wireless eircom router,can i set up the router to connect to previously established eircom broadband, so i can use my laptop anywhere in the house while still receiveing signal to PC, wats the easiest way to configure?:o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭12 element

I have eircom broadband at home and have just been given a wireless eircom router,can i set up the router to connect to previously established eircom broadband, so i can use my laptop anywhere in the house while still receiveing signal to PC, wats the easiest way to configure?:o

You've posted in the wrong forum. Try: http://boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=86

• Registered Users Posts: 6,214 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

If the wifi router is near the PC, use an ethernet cable. If not, get a USB wifi dongle. If its the new white square Huawei router it should already be secure enough, the WPA key is on the back.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

The answer is yes. If it is a netopia for example access it using ethernet cable - http://192.168.1.254

insert the basic eircom settings:

Basic modem settings:
    Username: eircom@eircom.net
    Password: broadband1
    Encapsulation: PPPoE
    Multiplexing: LLC Based
    VPI: 8
    VCI: 35

and then name a wireless network and set a wpa password (should be under wireless settings)

Save you settings and exit. Simple as that.

Advertisement