Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No wages yet?

Options
  • 26-08-2010 10:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭

Ok so i've been working going on now 22 days for a well known company, ive done everything right on my side, copies of p45, passports all the documentation etc since before i started work, and yet here i am still, with no wages. Im not the only one, the 6 other people who started the same time have heard the same excuse, oh we didnt get your paperwork in town for the wages system, we get paid forthnightly (supposed to be last week), and yet still nothing today, im getting worried as to how to approach this, do i go over my manager to regional manager or do i go to payroll Im getting worried as well, we all have bills to pay and i dont think the childminder is going to work another week for me without her full wages either.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

have you talked to your manage? dont go over his head until you have given him some chance especially when your new there.

it happens just its a pain when you get paid fortnightly due to the delay.

ask is there a chance of a sub?

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭MonicaBing

have you talked to your manage? dont go over his head until you have given him some chance especially when your new there.

it happens just its a pain when you get paid fortnightly due to the delay.

ask is there a chance of a sub?

The manager is new like us yet he's been paid? He gets the runaround too, dept a is blaming dept b and so on, so he's as clued as the rest of us, it is extremely frustrating and worrying.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

They way it normally works is that if you "miss" one payroll run, you get included in the next one. Big companies usually don't pay people outside of the standard payroll run if they can help. So you likely won't be paid until the next payroll run, next week. You won't get any wages this week.

Find the name of someone in payroll and get in touch with them. If you're getting paid fornightly, then they likely do the payroll run at the start of the second week - so next Monday. Try get in touch with someone today or tomorrow to get an assurance that you are included in the next payroll run and you will get four weeks' wages.

If you are stuck for cash, then tell them to give you a cheque. They'll try to tell you that they can't do this, but they can.

Advertisement