Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Parking in Sandyford...Beacon South Quarter

• 26-08-2010 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hello,

I was just wondering if anyone could tell me about the parking around the Beacon South Quarter. I am starting a new job on Monday which unfortunately does not provide parking. Can anyone inform me if there is any free parking around the area or within a say 10 - 15 minute walk?
    I was thinking of parking and the park & ride at the Luas in Sandyford but are you alowed park here & not use the Luas? Around what time does the car park get full at in the mornings? If I am not allowed park & not use the Luas I might park at Balally & get the Luas to Sandyford.
    I appreciate any information which can be provided to me.
    Thanks for your help :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Any of the few free spots around that area are usually gone before 7am.

Of course you could use the P&R, they don't care what you do after you pay for your parking. There is a carpark on the site of the old Atlantic Homecare store where you can pay by the week... I think it's about €12

• Registered Users Posts: 22 dinnynora

Thanks Mike.

Where is the Old Atlantic homecare site? I'm not at all familar with the area. €12 a week is a good price so I wouldn't mind paying that. Thats good about the p & R becuase i thought I may have to get a Luas ticket aswell just to use the carpark which would incur unnesessary expense

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Parking along the side of the road anywhere in the Industrial estate down towards the Beacon is €3 a day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

Of course you could use the P&R, they don't care what you do after you pay for your parking. There is a carpark on the site of the old Atlantic Homecare store where you can pay by the week... I think it's about €12

It's 13euro a week, theres parking in dunnes too but its 4euro a day its park and ride for the luas too. Working around there myself you won't get street parking unless your on an early shift.

Ask around when you start, where I'm working has 2 carparks around and if we're in early we'll get free parking but they give us a pass to put in our window without it we'd get clamped. :-/
    dinnynora wrote: »
    Thanks Mike.

Where is the Old Atlantic homecare site? I'm not at all familar with the area. €12 a week is a good price so I wouldn't mind paying that. Thats good about the p & R becuase i thought I may have to get a Luas ticket aswell just to use the carpark which would incur unnesessary expense

When you turn down from the beacon towards the luas station, there is a turn to the left with an Opel garage on the corner, take that left, then right and right again should bring you into the atlantic carpark. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Lombardo86

Apologies for digging this up.. does this rate still apply for this area? This site is on Holly Road yes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭pcardin

how about customer parking at Woodies?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

Of course you could use the P&R, they don't care what you do after you pay for your parking.
    That's definitely not the case for Balally P&R. They have signs up saying that the standard fee for non-Luas users is €40. I've heard about them checking for Luas tickets at the exit from time to time.

pcardin wrote: »
    how about customer parking at Woodies?

Would this be checked? Considering i'd be in the car park before 9 and in a suit i am not sure i could pass for a customer every morning..

Is the site on Holly Ave still there? Maybe i should take a spin out this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Yarrum1

I have a car space available to rent in BSQ if your interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

That's definitely not the case for Balally P&R. They have signs up saying that the standard fee for non-Luas users is €40. I've heard about them checking for Luas tickets at the exit from time to time.

I haven't heard/seen them doing it down at Sandyford/Stillorgan stops before although you are right it does say that on the parking signs.
    Lombardo86 wrote: »
    Would this be checked? Considering i'd be in the car park before 9 and in a suit i am not sure i could pass for a customer every morning..

Is the site on Holly Ave still there? Maybe i should take a spin out this evening

AFAIK it is checked, it's free parking for customers in other words they keep and eye as to who's there all day etc. Spin in & check the signs. The old Atlantic Homecare Carpark (Holly Ave) is probably you're best bet. Think its only €11/12 for a full wk if you buy a weekly ticket which is very cheap.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the info folks.. Holly Avenue does seem competitive. A bit of a walk away but for that price its worth it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement