Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting to UCD

Options
  • 26-08-2010 11:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi, I know theres loads of stuff on the UCD site about how to get to the campus but i though it'd be better to ask people who actually have to travel up and so on.

So, what would be my best option coming from kildare? Dont suppose theres a JJ kav or Bus eireann bus that goes straight there or close at least?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭graduate

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Athena.721 wrote: »
    Hi, I know theres loads of stuff on the UCD site about how to get to the campus but i though it'd be better to ask people who actually have to travel up and so on.

So, what would be my best option coming from kildare? Dont suppose theres a JJ kav or Bus eireann bus that goes straight there or close at least?

For the pure comfort and convenience, drive. And if you can car pool all the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Cool Mo D

If you're near a train station, the plan is that the 145 bus will go direct from Heuston to outside UCD starting from September. They haven't set a date for when this is actually happening though.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭McNuggy10

Cool Mo D wrote: »
    If you're near a train station, the plan is that the 145 bus will go direct from Heuston to outside UCD starting from September. They haven't set a date for when this is actually happening though.

OP get the Portlaoise train to Heuston and get the 145 like mentioned above!
    I get the portlaoise train from clondalkin to heuston, takes 10 minutes max, its a godsend and it passes through kildare, newbridge, sallins and naas!!

And if what poster above says is true about the 145 it'll be even handier!!

Advertisement