Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tourism marketing, tourism management..

Options
  • 26-08-2010 11:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hey guys, I am having trouble of which course to accept!
    I received an offer for tourism marketing (lvl8) and tourism management (lvl7).
    For some reason, the points required for the lvl 7 one is higher than the lvl 8 one. Do you know why this is?
    And by reading the course information on these two, I find them quite similar.
    Hmm, I was wondering if you guys can help me make a decision :) Which one to accept?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭ShamrockGirl

Hey, I know nothing about either of the above courses to be honest but one reason why the points are higher is due to the demand for the level 7 course, the larger the amount of people applying for the course the more competitive the points are going to be to get into the course.If I was to go for one I would probably go for the level 8 because it is a better qualification but it is an extra year in comparison to the 3 years for the level 7. Go with what you feel will benefit your future working life. Hope that clarifies the confusion in a minimal way. Good Luck with your Choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭JohnG18

Tourism Marketing would be the better option as you will cover Management throughout the first 3 years but you have focused on Marketing. Also it is a level 8 course which means its a higher qualification.

After the level 7 you do have the option of going on to do a level 8 however.

ShamrockGirl was correct in the points statement it may just so happen that lots of people had Tourism Management down on their CAO and not Tourism Marketing therefore points for Management would go up.

Either way good luck in your choice!

Advertisement