Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos Returns

Options
  • 26-08-2010 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,877 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I received a bday gift purchased a week ago in Argos which I don't want. Unfortunately the receipt has been dumped out. Do you think they will offer a refund or a credit note

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Domscard

If the person who purchased your gift (not you) has some proof of purchase and it's within their returns period, there should be no problem. Unless it's an item that can't be returned, like an external hard drive, for example?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

Domscard wrote: »
    If the person who purchased your gift (not you) has some proof of purchase and it's within their returns period, there should be no problem. Unless it's an item that can't be returned, like an external hard drive, for example?

+1
    You will need to ask the purchaser. When you buy certain items in Argos such as cameras, camcorders, etc, you are told at the till that they are not subject to the 30 day returns period. Unfortunately, this is because in the past, some people bought these items, used them for a special occasion, and then returned them for a refund.
    Argos's web page will probably tell you if your item falls into this category.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I hear they can trace CC numbers to sales, exempt items are also shavers, memory cards etc. On the website & book they have a little sort of crucifix beside exempt items.

Is there any info on the box at all? sometimes there are internal argos numbers on them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭bongi69

I have it on good authority that if the item has the Argos catalogue number on it (sticker on the box etc.) they'll take it back and will give you a credit note for the lowest amount the item has been sold for in the last 12 months.

Advertisement