Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poor people shouldn't have more than two kids?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

She'd probably be the first to get on her high horse and give out about China.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭King Felix

Nobody should have more than two kids.

Two adults, two kids. Zero population growth.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

Her pictire is brilliant. Absolutely hilarious. The low resolution is great as well, must be the only photo they could find of her. Its as if she's telling the photographer 'I'm mental! Look at me! This is gonna be on my facebook!'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

She's right, of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Take away the child allowance from everybody, that would solve the mess

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

Bloody oiks! populating our green and pleasant land with their hoodies and sooty faces!

A burberry cap never buttered a parsnip dont you know

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭triseke

wow her picture makes her look like she's insane.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,826 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

I think its some bored housewives fantasy about wanting a third child but now her womb is barren.
    So instead to make herself feel better she picks on the current hot topic in british tabloid life which is benefits.

The most amazing thing about this story is that it was reported on a website for a major enough news publication

The second most amazing thing is that someone else wants peoples opinion on lazy journalism

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Donkey Oaty

Most people I know become poor after they have the kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭evercloserunion

From the article:

Craig, 50, who was educated at Bedales School, has written in the past about how much she would have liked a third child. "To have had one when we first became a couple would have been the end of our relationship, but, by the time we could afford a baby, I was too old to have more than two," she said.

That's it then. If crazy menopause lady can't have kids, no one can.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭nachoman

Makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

DNA results!

Well well well, you ARE the child's biology father!

BASTARD:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Is this communist China we live in, or the free world?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

It's a shame that she didn't mention how exactly she expects the British Government to implement her fine policy suggestion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

Ridiculous suggestion, will be disregarded swiftly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,826 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    It's a shame that she didn't mention how exactly she expects the British Government to implement her fine policy suggestion.

Its shame the whole article isnt more than just a headline really

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

dlofnep wrote: »

部重傷的18歲港人梁頌學,醫護人員小心翼翼自醫療專機將梁頌學搬運至救護車,歷時二十多分鐘,救護車剛關上車門,在警車開路下移送梁頌學至屯門醫院

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Most people I know become poor after they have the kids.

This is true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Some truth in it. Less children means less chance of them becoming Fianna Fail minsters, bank executives or property developers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭flyton5

Free sterilisation for all...or compulsory marriage...put a stop to this "unmarried mothers situation". And bring back work houses for the children who cant afford to be kept....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Im amazed at this thread so far. Every second day there is a thread giving out about social welfare scroungers, a british woman has an idea to cut down on the cost of them, and suddenly AH is up in arms about it.

I'm assuming the phrase "poor people" refers to long term unemployed on benefits, a problem both the UK and Ireland have in common.

Also, bear in mind that this is the Telegraph. Or Daily Mail lite, as I call it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

dlofnep wrote: »
    It's not "free" for the taxpayers who have to foot the social welfare bill

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    It's not "free" for the taxpayers who have to foot the social welfare bill

If there were less people on social welfare do you really think you'd be paying less tax?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

Personally, even though the one child policy offends our PC western sensibilities, China is doing more for the environment with it than any of our stupid recycling. I would fully support an enforced 2 child policy for all countries and all people.

should get Jeremy Kyle to sort it out once and for all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

She shouldn't be allowed to have any kids, she looks like she'd eat them

Ogre lady

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

she just needs a good ride

• Registered Users Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

Instead of controlling the environment to benefit the population, maybe we should control the population to benefit the environment. David Attenborough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

That’s a stupid idea, why ban people to make up for an inefficient welfare system? People are always going to cheat the system and try get more, there needs to be a more efficient system in place to ensure it doesn’t happen.

Poor people arent the only ones who fiddle the system, there are plenty of tax dodging and welfare cheating twats outside of working class Ireland. Higher tax bands for people earning over 100K, more efficient welfare system, properly means tested, things like this will generate more revenue and cut down on waste.

You cannot remove a person’s right to give birth as many times as they see fit. Like another poster said it is not china we live in! I wouldn’t be surprised if a conservative government in the UK bring this in, party for the elite by the elite.

• Advertisement

He's roysh you know.

Loike, ohmygod, totally. :rolleyes:

Advertisement