Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Instant Jam Facebook app.

Options
  • 26-08-2010 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭

I came across this over at Gamescom last week and loved it. It is basically a facebook app that searches your HDD for mp3 songs you own and you can then play them on your PC using your PS3/xbox guitar controller for free.

Think they make money from directing you to itunes and amazon for songs you dont own but want or for the usual online micro transactions. But if you have songs already its all free. They have 2,000 songs in the library so far.

You can use the guitar controller but you can also tap them out on the keyboard if you are in work !! Its only at beta stage now so they are ironing out some problems with the adding of your own music. I have found that if you search for a song you have in their library and its there then click the green "get" button this gives you 3 options 2 to itunes and amazon 1 to browse. Choose to browse and browse to it on your PC it will load up then and save in the your songs list.

This is there site if you want to give it a look its good fun but be warned there are some teething problems just now.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Saw you mention this in another thread I think. Pity all my working guitars are wireless so I can't connect them to pc :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Had a few goes on this, and it's quite good. The guitars work well and the notes are straight out of RB/GH so it's all good. Those that weren't were perfectly fine though. Only thing is the synch is a bit dodgy sometimes and there's no option to callibrate. Leaderboards would be a nice option too. I'll keep my eye on this one for sure.

Advertisement