Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why Do You Game?

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Psycho Power and the joys of 3xc.lk xx scissor kick.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTUuu44MgI8NTneA4V3kq5lr_nXyVmFGeSbGyO5qv0BcWSh2fM&t=1&usg=__SMiCzbjGkVMCCTAutC16C9F8yts=

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 gogo.ie

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Depends on the game.

Shooters, RTS etc, really, they're just a bit of fun. I play them for a half hour or hour at max to unwind. I don't watch/have a television so in my mind at least they replace that as a relaxation tool.
    The only games I try to play competitively would be MMOs and MUDs, when the fancy takes me, which is usually in cycles of about a year. When I'm playing them they tend to be all-encompassing though, so I restrict myself.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,438 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I think I was always meant to be a gamer. I was always fascinated by the arcade machines I saw but was never allowed to play them and my friends atari 2600. I just wanted to get my hands on them. Then when I was 7 I got my C64 and played games constantly and it hasn't stopped since. I just prefer it to any other solo activity. Spending time with my mates would come first but if it's between watching a movie or TV, well that's something I do when I've been playing games too much. I definitely have an OCD disorder when it comes to games but also when it comes to videogames history and trivia. I just absorb everything I read and hear about them and can talk about them non-stop.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

to remind Funky and Dabounca that they are inferior human beings to me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ThunderApple

Because it's fun!
    And sometimes I game just to switch my head off and relax after a stressful week or day or whatever. And it helps a lot!

Advertisement