Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Canon announces several new releases...

• 26-08-2010 1:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭

No 5D mk III :(
    Nothing of interest to me except for the new fisheye lens.

http://www.dpreview.com/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,703 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

No 5D mk III :(
    Nothing of interest to me except for the new fisheye lens.

http://www.dpreview.com/

Actually, comPLETELY off topic, but of far more interest on that page is that Cosina micro 4/3rds mount 25mm F0.95. Now there's something that would get me buying a micro 4/3rds camera all right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

This might explain why the sudden flood of Canon gear up on adverts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

While there are some items on the new release list I may buy, there's no point in me selling current gear since the new items won't hit the shops until at least Dec.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Fisheye is only an f4 where the old one (about 30 years old) is f2.8?? Nice to see an upgraded 70-300

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 479 ✭✭Cameraman

And no updated 24-70 (with IS) - yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 blade912

with the new 400mm 2.8 L around 11 grand
    and 300mm f2.8 L around 7 grand

i won't be updating for a while

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

I'd say those prices will fall quickly, in Jan. Probably just a bit higher than the current lens prices. Maybe $9,000 for the 400mm f/2.8 and $5,000 for the 300mm f/2.8

Hopefully. I want the 400mm f/2.8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭joepenguin

Dissapointed that the 60d will have the body of a xx0d model. Was hoping it would keep the body while adding the articulating screen and vid. Dont want it as much now. Wonder will the 50d fall in price when the 60 hits the shelves?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Will there be much of a price drop on the 50D when the 60D is released? I've had my eye on it, but it's a bit out of my range at the moment.

Advertisement