Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Midlands range

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

tac foley wrote: »
    Ah.

Here no authorisation is necessary - the Minister for Home affairs has granted it as a blanket permission.

Here it's the club that is authorised, not the individual member of it.

tac

Yup, same here - I was talking of the club authorisation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

tac foley wrote: »
    Ah.

Here no authorisation is necessary - the Minister for Home affairs has granted it as a blanket permission.

Here it's the club that is authorised, not the individual member of it.

tac
    Same here, Sparks was usiing 'your' as referencing the club.

Edit: SNAP! Sparks got there first. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

Oh my, we really are on the ball tonight, eh? ;=)

tac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

P.S
    Anyone know is it possible to change your name without getting a nre account?
    I'd like to change my login to Remington
    as there are currently 3 derrivitives of Tac : = )
    Tackleberry.
    Tackleberrywho
    Tac Foley
    Post a 'Name Change Request' thread in Help Desk; it's a facility reserved for Subscribers though, so you'll need to check THIS THREAD if you're not already one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

Rovi wrote: »
    Post a 'Name Change Request' thread in Help Desk; it's a facility reserved for Subscribers though, so you'll need to check THIS THREAD if you're not already one.

I'm not a subscriber!

I had a quick look at the thread, all it I can see is about subscribing.
    So if I am not a subscriber can it be changed?
    Remington has a nice ring to it :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

bullets wrote: »
    .........a m8 who decided it was cheaper for him to Pay Range fees than pay a years membership for the amount of times we travelled per year, then he was told he could only come 3 times as my guest when he did not renew his membership.
    (even though there is nothing about such restrictions in the club rulebook that I can recall). Same lad lost interst in the Rifle now so does not travel.

So he gets to use the range as your quest and pays the "green fees" which I think are €30. Thats 9.5 visits in 12 months to equal annual existing membership of €285. If he gets there every 5.47 weeks he will cover the cost of his membership. Not exactly expensive!

He wants to use the facilities, that I and a lot of other members are paying for and a good few of us, including you, have been for years and he expects to be able to come and go as and when he wants :rolleyes:

IMHO the 3 times limit is a great idea to stop this kind of thing :cool:

I'm not a subscriber!

I had a quick look at the thread, all it I can see is about subscribing.
    So if I am not a subscriber can it be changed?
    Remington has a nice ring to it :D
    The facility to request a name change is one of the handful of little perks only available only to Subscribers, I'm afraid.

The facility to request a name change is one of the handful of little perks only available only to Subscribers, I'm afraid.

Rovi

How much is subscription?

What are the benefits (no interest in storing mail)

Rovi

How much is subscription?

What are the benefits (no interest in storing mail)
    It's all detailed in THE THREAD I linked above.

This is all Off Topic, going to PM.

It's all detailed in THE THREAD I linked above.

This is all Off Topic, going to PM.

MNSCI

Best Range in the country if not Europe :D

Back on thread!
    If it were not for MNSCI I would not have had the honor of shooting in the company of Legends

And learning from them.
    It's like a living Library

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

MNSCI

Best Range in the country if not Europe :D

Even JP wouldn't agree with that! You haven't been around much I guess Tack :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

rrpc wrote: »
    Even JP wouldn't agree with that! You haven't been around much I guess Tack :)

That is True, i was only in a few in the US.

JP is the heart and soul of MNSCI, if it were not for him it would not function.

He is a man after my own heart, wanting to make the place great not for himself, but for others!

RRPC
    IT WILL BE :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

So he gets to use the range as your quest and pays the "green fees"

I Dont see what the problem is?
    A member can arrive as many times as they want and not pay anything (apart form yearly membership fee)
    a guest arrive and pays each time! Not an issue with me anyways. Obviously for others thats an issue?

Not sure how bringing a guest who pays a range fee causes a negative effect on a club, its not like they are destroying the place or causing anything negative.
    If anything I thought shooting clubs would be encourging
    people to bring guest with them and trying to promote
    the sport (regardles of if they get a few new members or not)
    In my case the buddy only paid as guest once this year,
    and maybe twice last year. So its not like he's or myself are
    trying to abuse some system trying to screw the club over.

I started out in Midlands this way a few years back.
    I had no gun, no licence and no membership and did not
    know any members so I was not a guest of an existing member.

I basically got a lift off of a friend to the range, I paid some money and tried rifle shooting a few times and liked it and later became a member and got my own gun.

Myself and a few others used to be able
    to visit any weekend and Pay range fee and either hire
    club guns or use our own if we had a licence. Without any problems after a safety briefing.

The very rare occasion when there was a shoot on, we were
    told there was not bench's available and we were accomadated as soon as there was a free spot available or
    we shared if other places were needed.
    so we were not taking interfereing with any club member
    at the time. Even saw a mini-bus full of Ladies arrive one day for a group shoot and were accomadated without issue.

(This was before whatever the recent changes in Law altered all of this)

So not sure what the problem would be being a member bringing a guest more or less than 3 times with you who pays money to shoot. Does not harm the club since money still comes in from bringing an Extra shooter and generating a bit of
    cash for the club and interest in the sport. If I turn up one weekend or I dont turn up one weekend the Club gets my membership
    fee regardless, I turn up with a friend who pays a range fee! thats extra income for the club.

~B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

You really need to address your concern & discontent to Minister Ahern. Unfortunately, it's too late now :rolleyes:

Does your friend still have the rifle licenced?

If he does is the licence granted on the condition he is a member of MNSCI?

If the answer to both questions is yes I reckon you know what my answer will be ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

No buddy does not need MNSCI for granting his licence.
    I relay on MNSCI since I only kill paper and no bunnies etc.

Should have stayed Lurking on this board like I've been doing for the last year instead of letting the few pints losen my toungue I reckon... Off to bed I go!

~B

Advertisement