Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ticketmaster troubles

Options
  • 26-08-2010 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭

I've had many issues with ticketmaster over the past year or two but I'm not sure what i should be doing in this situation.

I've bought 2 tickets to go see Muse in Wembley on Friday the 10th of September for my sister. I got a email back in late June from Ticketmaster saying about their dispatch methods,etc and how the tickets should arrive at the latest 3 days before the event. That's fine.

My problem however is that, upon looking at a online FAQ (recently updated) that specifically relates to the Muse Wembley concert, it states that if I haven't recieved the tickets or notice from the delivery company handling the postage by the end of this week, I'm to ring up and inquire. I haven't heard a peep from anybody yet and seeing as i've had trouble like this before with ticktmaster, i'm getting anxious as to what to do. I have to send these tickets off to england to my sister, she's there for the foreseeable future and needs the tickets asap.

Ideally I'd like to "change the address" but apparently the site claims it doesn't allow this unless the card holders address has changed too!

Any advice on what to do is much appreciated!

Thanks
    MM

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Ring them up and see what is happening. Explain the situation - they may be able to help.

Once you have the tickets, then express delivery to the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭manic mailman

dudara wrote: »
    Ring them up and see what is happening. Explain the situation - they may be able to help.

Once you have the tickets, then express delivery to the UK.

I actually tried getting through to them this morning, got the ngland number. Apparently I'm meant to have a 10 Digit reference number starting with 100 (Which i definitely didn't get) but I have all the other details( order number, date etc) so should I be ok with that? There doesn't see to be a "general enquiry" option - i keep getting relayed automated options from Miss.Robot Ticketmaster which don't see mto suit my enquiry. Or maybe i've overlooked an option?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I got my ticket about a week ago. However I won't be able to go, so it's yours (for face value of course) if you need it? I only have the one though, and it's a standing ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

They can hold tickets back until last minute to stop touts. I expect overseas deliveries are subject to more delays and might have a higher potential to be a tout too. In future if doing stuff like this (buying tickets for other people) you should get those print out ones so you can just email them to people.

At worst if they never come she can collect them at the box office, this is what usually happens if tickets are lost in the post, -NEVER tell ticketmaster YOU lost tickets or you get nothing, tell them you never got them and they will either issue new ones or let you collect at the box office. At the box office you might need ID, we had a photocopy of my mates mothers CC once which was accepted, but I would ask in advance to be certain.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nommm

They're still posting them out. I know a lot of people in England only received them in the last few days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭manic mailman

nommm wrote: »
    They're still posting them out. I know a lot of people in England only received them in the last few days.

I happened to come across a specific FAQ on the ticketmaster site pertaining to the Muse concert, it saying that if the tickets had not come by the end of this week or if you had not recieved some notification about the tickets, then you'd have to enquire about them.

Anyway finally got through to somebody (who isn't a robot with an english accent!) and they are to ring back.

Thanks for all the replies by the way! :D

Advertisement