Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dns server unavailable

• 26-08-2010 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭

Hi sorry if this is answered elsewhere. This problem started yesterday when I tried to connect to google on my PC but the page could not be displayed. I tried other internet pages but had the same problem. I then tried my laptop but had the same problem.

Both were saying that they were connected but the dns server was unavailable. I am currently using OPENdns.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Change to your own ISP's DNS. You don't say who the ISP is and what service you subscribe to. That's more important.

Also try http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

How do you know it's a DNS issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭dsane1

I am with eircom. I believe its a dns problem because when I go to the router setting it says that both primary and secondary servers are unavailable.

Advertisement