Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breaking lease

Options
  • 26-08-2010 2:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

our bins haven't been collected in about 2 months i called the city council and they advised that it was because the previous tenants never paid there bill so i got onto the landlord and he said he would sort it, i received a text a week later to say it was sorted however i came home from work yesterday to find they still hadn't been collected so i called the council again and they said the balance was never paid!!! im waitin to hear back from the landlord about this.

also when we viewed the property there was water stains on the ceiling in the bathroom and the estate agent told us that this would be painted soon, there was a leak but it was fixed, this was 5 months ago and it still hasnt been painted and about 2 weeks ago i was having a shower and i noticed water dripping from the ceiling so i go onto the LL and he said just use the bath for now and i will get it sorted, we havent heard anything since he also said he would get the bedroom walls painted as they were all black from condensation....have heard nothing about this either and also the shower head holder is broke and he said he would replace this.....guess what....nothing!!!!

Were getting really annoyed about this and we are thinking of just handing in our notice but the contract says we would be liable for the rest of the remaining rent for the year, do you think this would apply in our case considering the trouble we are having????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭gaius c

Get onto the PRTB if you're not having any joy with the landlord.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

I'd ask the landlord to meet with you first, to discuss a few issues, maybe approach it casually to get him to meet you. Have everything written down, try to make an accurate timescale on when you first asked for problems to be fixed etc.

Then mention handing your notice if these issues aren't solved in the next say 2-3 weeks as he isn't upholding his landlord obligations with providing proper refuse collection facilities.

Advertisement