Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 Mobile have screwed me

Options
  • 26-08-2010 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭

Ok i want to know what i can do on the following.

3 signed me up to a contract 100 units and free texts and free unlimited weekend calls. It turned out i had no free weekend calls and used all my units up in one month. I now want out of the contract.

The signed my father up and told him he had 150 units a month and also for first 6 months that would be double to 300. I got the bill today and there was €77 worth of extra calls i rang them and they say the double units wont count until this month?????

Is small claims court an option and is there any other options.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Hi tipp86,

I can't comment on your own problem regarding the unlimited weekend calls.

But if you look at Three's double flexi-units T&Cs it states:

"Additional units available for six months from the second month of your Minimum Term only."

I presume by 'this month' you're referring to the second month in his contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭tipp86

Hi tipp86,

I can't comment on your own problem regarding the unlimited weekend calls.

But if you look at Three's double flexi-units T&Cs it states:

"Additional units available for six months from the second month of your Minimum Term only."

I presume by 'this month' you're referring to the second month in his contract.

Guess so but my father can basically only go on what a sales guy who calls to our door tells him really.

Anyone any ideas what happens if i refuse to pay the bill can a bad debt be put against me such as to effect future loans/mortgage etc....

Edit also to say that the first bill was paid perfectly and under the flexi units. Its the second bill that is the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

tipp86 wrote: »
    Ok i want to know what i can do on the following.

3 signed me up to a contract 100 units and free texts and free unlimited weekend calls. It turned out i had no free weekend calls and used all my units up in one month. I now want out of the contract.

The signed my father up and told him he had 150 units a month and also for first 6 months that would be double to 300. I got the bill today and there was €77 worth of extra calls i rang them and they say the double units wont count until this month?????

Is small claims court an option and is there any other options.

Your 14 days cooling off period is up so you can't cease your contract that way.

I guess what you asking is have they rendered your contract null and void by not delivering what you were under the impression you were getting.

As the last poster has found, the t&c did clarify when you were going to get the extra mins. Also they could argue you could check my3 anytime to check your usage.

I take it you signed up in store, I would advise you return to the store with your contract and a list of what you were led to believe and how you want this sorted out (ie credit on account etc).

As it stands I don't think you have a case in the small claims court as it seems 3 delivered what was advertised but you were led to believe you would get something else.

What ever you do, do not just cancel your dd and stop paying, this will totally ruin you case and make you liable for the remainder of your monthly payments for the duration of the contract.

Ok especially in my contracts case how can a sales agent tell you that you have free weekend calls then basically not have them surely renders a contract void.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,317 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Ok especially in my contracts case how can a sales agent tell you that you have free weekend calls then basically not have them surely renders a contract void.
    Prove that the sales person told you that in court is impossible though; you end up word vs. word as you can be sure the sales person will claim they did not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

As a poster stated above you have access to real time usage via my3 on your phones, my3 on their website or calling 1913 and following the prompts to check your usage. Are you aware when your billing cycle is? This is the date your flex units get refreshed and is probably not the start of each calendar month. The double flex units always kicked in on month 2 and lasted until month 7. You have no real case for your fathers usage unfortunately. I presume you signed up to Best of Both? This plan too is clearly outlined on their website and as such you have not been billed for over usage as the bill is capped. You can top up until your units are refreshed. Call their customer care and ask to be moved onto the new Best of Both 25, this has unlimited texts, 200 flex units and unlimited 3 to 3 calls

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

What really matters is what is written in the T&Cs, not what a salesperson tells you. When signing up to a deal, make sure to read the T&Cs. That way there are no surprises for anyone.

Whats the worst case secenario if i say screw ye im not paying etc.....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,317 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Whats the worst case secenario if i say screw ye im not paying etc.....
    Bill building up, additional charges for non payment and the whole thing going to a collector (who can not take your items in possession or give you a black financial mark no matter what they claim but they can be persistent and annoying). If it builds far enough (i.e. worth their time) it will then be solicitors letter and eventually court (which would give you a financial mark).

Advertisement